Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Great -- Now I've Been Screwed By a Different Snipe Service!

JustSnipe failed on 2 cards that I would have won last night. This is the second time that they failed to excute bids for me. I have already had this happen to me with eSnipe. I guess nothing is foolproof. image

Comments

• Options
    Wow. I use justsnipe regularly and the only time no bid is entered is when the price of the item on eBay already exceeds my snipe price.

If you would've won....that's a bummer.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    How do you know you would have won without knowing the winners high bid?

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>How do you know you would have won without knowing the winners high bid? >>

Dave,

I understand why you asked the question, but I think he meant his snipe bid was higher than the winning bid. Therefore his snipe service obviously never placed his bid.

Tom
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    oh--gotcha

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    How do you know you would have won without knowing the winners high bid?

I'm psychic. Oh, wait . . . I mean, "psychotic". Never mind.

Tom is correct. The bids were $39+ on a card that closed at $34.50 and $50+ on a card that closed at $41.00
  • Options
    I always knew there were a bunch of psychos on this board image

Anyway, I have used auctionstealer.com and it is free. It is perfect for me because you only get 10 snipes a month, and I bid accordingly. If I've used all my snipes for the month, I just dont bid (unless, of course, its one of those cards that ive been looking for)

Im very happy with them because Ive not missed one snipe in the last 2 years.

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I've had similar problems with multiple sniping services. I've had multiple problems with auctionstealer.com and have lost several high dollar cards due to their incompetence. I was thinking about changing over to eSnipe, but it sounds like that service is not foolproof either.

Do any of these services provide statistics regarding their % of bids placed? Obviously that would only apply to bids which were above the current eBay bid. I'm currently averaging somewhere around 85-90% with auctionstealer, which in my opinion is pretty pathetic!

• Options
    I tried to snipe a set the other day on eBay and nobody ever pulled the trigger at my snipe/serviceimage

Come to find out, a friend of mine (here in Portland) won the auction. So I gave him call "just to tease" him a little, and found out that his snipe was a mistake. The set is worth about $100 (discs) and I set my snipe for $89. He won it for $20 and then sold it to me for $30..image

It turned out good for all image

I love it when a "plan" works out!!image

Happy Sniping!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Have you tried auction sniper or bidnapper??? I think auction sniper is the best program out there....but it gets expensive if you buy a lot of stuff, because they charge a percentage of your bid in fees. I have been using bidnapper for 4 months and it works fine and they charge a flat rate for service for unlimited use.....none of the frills though...extremely basic.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Dave,

Just throw your top bid on eBay - don't worry about sniping... What are the odds that anyone would EVER want to "run you up"?image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    heh
  • Options
    Im with Dave.

Ive used auctionstealer and have never had a bid not enter. It even worked when many didnt during the Mastro 65 Topps auction.

My volume is only 10 bids per month, because I just dont use that many. But if the volume were higher I would use the next level of service.
  • Options

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    David, just use every snipe program at the same time. One of them is bound to get through. Of course the problem could be on Ebay's side in which case you would still be out of luck. Just bid $1,000,000 on every item you want, and you shouldn't have any problems image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me last night. I was sniping a 1948 Leaf card last night and it did not go through. First time it has failed. I guess I didn't need the card that bad.

Billy
  • Options
    Now I know why I keep loosing bids at the last minute.

• Options
    David, I use Just Snipe and I haven't had a problem in almost a year. The last time I did have a snipe not go through, I contacted Just Snipe and they suggested that I place multiple snipes for each item that I bid on. Since then, I have placed two or more snipes on every item that I snipe and haven't had a problem since. Sometimes, two or three actually go through - that's why you'll see on some of the auctions that I win, I have the top 2 or 3 bids in the last few seconds. image

JEB.
  • Options
    I did use JustSnipe. I will have to try the multiple bid thing.
  • Options
    This thread pops up it's head every once in a while doesn't it? I don't remember who it is, but somebody rattle's off their statistics and that usually kills the thread. This is the first time someone mentioned my service bidnapper. I love them and they're so easy to use with a flat monthly (or quarterly rate) that I am reminded how many days are left on it. They do have the stats on the distribution on when they're bids hit the auction. They start at t-7 seconds and have the largest number of snipes hit at 5 seconds left. They do post a percentage of hits that miss (i.e. Late) and according to it's website it's .03% of the time. I've had a couple of problems with them, but not enough that I'd switch especially since the pricing is so straightforward. The way I figure it, if the snipe didn't fire, I probably couldn't afford to buy the card. Karma works in mysterious ways.
    Call me crazy, but I collect 62 Topps BB.

eBay auctions
  • Options
    Well last night, my snipes missed two out of three times. Free services but it still sucks. image
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>some of the auctions that I win, I have the top 2 or 3 bids in the last few seconds. >>

JEB...I didn't notice image. One thing we have proven is that 2 justsnipe bids from different bidders can go off the same second.

John
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    JEB and others turned me on to JustSnipe about 9 months ago and if I'd be any happier, I'd have to hire someone to help me enjoy it......
    All kidding aside, it has not failed me; however as mentioned previously, if it's something REALLY important, I will snipe twice. And come to think about it, I will be double-sniping on 2 items in a few days.

BOTR
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Does anyone place an early bid and a snipe to avoid loss?

Sniping avoids taking the frustration loss thing to this type of extreme,Mykabota.

Try Auctionstealer.com and experiment for free with 10 of them.
  • Options
    I place an early bid, then manually snipe or not, depending upon how much time I have and what I'm doing. I lose a lot of auctions to snipers, but never have a problem with a bid not getting placed. Sometimes I wish I used a service, but thread like this one keep me from jumping on the band wagon so far.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    Thanks for the website RobE. I can relate to the cartoon. Now I know how they are sniping. Being a novice on bidding I have found it very time consuming to place an early bid (days or so) only to be outbid by .50 cents in the last second. The process encourages one not to bid early and stay up until the last minute to bid.
    Just trying to complete my 68 set.
    Michael
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    There are a million 68 collectors here.I'll bet you can snipe a few here and there as well as start frequenting this board which will eliminate bidding and losing.

Good luck with the 68 set,I love that run of cards.

How far along are you?
  • Options
    I have 67-69 baseball and football. I am completing the 68 baseball and missing about 90 533 and up commons. I have only submitted 4 cards (signed up last year) and my 280 came back a 9. So I thought I would and the missing cards but never thought I would need a line of credit to complete! Thanks for your insite. This board has been a great wealth of information.... The cards were mine when I was a kid.
    Michael