Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Now on Ebay 1976-D Kennedy PCGS MS67, will it sell??

1976-D Kennedy PCGS MS67. Last one of these sold a couple of weeks ago for over $1100. Has the market been saturated? Cast your vote or opinion. image orimage

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw your coin offered at the beginning of the week and my only concern is you're not allowing it to be run up or bid up to this level and then beyond. It could also be the Collector who wanted this coin now owns it (with last week's auction).
    With that being written, I would place money on the fact that there is one bidder who may place a last minute bid at your opening amount.

Good luck with it. These are tough coins to find.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    No.
    Last one was an auction.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really depends on what #1 wants to do. IMHO, when you have a set like his, you can toss around $1k to try to improve a slot or two in the collection. Heck - you have possibly a "six figure" collection going there, so what is $1k. Now, what the other (2) collectors were doing bidding over $1k each in that last auction is frankly beyond me. I have already commented before that IMHO the coin is around a $500 coin and now I believe the pop has risen even higher.

So, to get to the heart of the question - if #1 feels the need to drop $900 on a coin this week, the coin might sell. If #1 sees that his last purchase on ebay the other day was for a better date 73(d) half at roughly $130 with roughly 2x the pop of the coin in question, he may decide my above estimate is TOO HIGH and wonder what possessed him last week to bid as he did. image

Just my opinion because you asked and also written from the perspective of a collector of the series, proudly owning the #2 PCGS set in the land image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    Thanks for the time and thought you have put into your replies Pat, TWQG and Wondercoin. I really do appreciate it. image
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    NO. It won't sell at that level right now for various reasons. You could say the market's saturated but truth be known, the last coin has many thinking. More 76-Ds and Ps are on their way to PCGS and pops may rise slightly but I think their prices will be much lower on future offerings. I agree that it's a $500 coin, not $1k+. Just my 50 cents. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    Marlin on the line. image

Like I said, as the #1 collector, sometimes money is no object when your desire is to assemble the finest collection and you are (IMHO) slighly obsessed with having the very best example of each date in the collection.

Overall, IMHO, strategy is silly - I have a number of super coins in my #2 set that are likely better than the #1 set - wait untill #1 hears their price.

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MisterR,
    You have a super nice looking coin. I think the Bicent. clads in 1975/6 (even though millions were made and saved), are a tough coin to make in MS67. If you were to start your auction out low, say at $1.00, I think you would see bids consistant with the other "True Auction" that in a sense "caused the collectors to determine their market price". A deep pocket collector could still step in at the last minute. That said, in my opinion your coin is a $650.00 "Buy it Now" candidate. For a sure sale image
    Good luck,
    Ken
  • Options
    Ken: #1 already bid the $900 - that was my point image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Mitch,
    I will be here later on in person...Dah, guess I should have looked at it again. image

Ken
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I'd say it was going to sell. Congrats, the Kennedy is a nice coin.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options

I predict some famous coin guy will buy it
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

Hey! You with the RB penny. Move along. Nothing else to see here.