Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What up with this 1951 Topps Wax Box

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    I didnt realize Bill Gates had a collection. Maybe of "cadalac's" maybe, but not cards.

I dont think the lengthy story helps with this. This is the best of two skids found in the water logged basement of a burned warehouse and he has selected the best six stacks to include in this box?

I just dont know.
  • Options
    Seller also has 5 negs in the last 7 days. What a mix of products sold. For a laugh, see what the second neg on the list was about image.
  • Options
    Whats the box worth? Really, how many are out there?

1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    cubfan-

Why would anyone buy condoms on ebay? If you are going to buy condoms do you really want to wait a week to get them in the mail?
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I have actually emailed him several times. he says he is on the road and will send a picture of the box opened tomorrow. doesn't know if they are red or blue because he never separated the packs. hello macfly. we'll see how he comes up with a pic. maybe he will fill the bottom with condoms and suntan lotion. I hope they are not florescent though
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Well - since I still have a residence in Philadelphia, I'm tempted to give him a call to visually inspect the item. But too many questions, too few answers. You don't auction off a multi-thousand dollar item like that without sufficient information, pictures, etc. Just don't trust it.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Why do scammers do their listings in "all caps" with run-on sentences? Is there a school for these people?
  • Options

<< <i>Why do scammers do their listings in "all caps" with run-on sentences? Is there a school for these people? >>

DAVID. NO. IT IS GENERALLY KNOWN THAT THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. MOST EBAY BUYERS ARE MORE PRONE TO BID HIGHER WHEN ALL CAPS ARE USED DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING? UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS NO SCHOOL THAT YOU CAN ATTEND TO LEARN THESE TECHNIQUES BUT IF YOU KEEP READING HERE YOU WILL LEARN THAT THIS IS THE WAY TO GO AND THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO DO IT BECAUSE EBAY BIDDERS LOVE THE CAPS THAT SIGNIFY HIGH QUALITY ITEMS SUCH AS THE ONES THAT THE SELLER IN QUESTION HAS UP FOR AUCTION WHICH BY THE WAY ARE PRETTY NICE CARDS THAT SHOULD SELL FOR A WHOLE LOT OF CASH WHICH IS WHY THE SELLER LISTED HIS AUCTION THIS WAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. image

jeb.

EDIT - SORRY I SIGNED IN LOWERCASE.

JEB.
  • Options
    mikeschmidt...

Hey Marc...Why don't you just run over to his place...

Here's his address:

ADI
    2033 Linglestown Rd. #244
    Harrisburg, PA 17110

See what he's got...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    King:

Seems like it is a P.O. Box type address housed at a Mailboxes, etc. / UPS Store in Harrisburg -- e.g. no chance of tracking this loser down!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Thats the same home town as Crazy Sol, maybe he knows the seller...jay
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Guy must've thought that if he told a story that was wacky enough,
    we'd all think it MUST be true. Give me a break. And how does someone
    make it this far in life and not even know how to spell "Cadillac"???

setting up my snipe bid as we speak (sarcasm),
    Chuck
  • Options
    Not to take this thread too far off topic, but is this seller high? Or am I? Check out the negs left on 9/19 by grich0656. They state he wanted $150 shipping rather than zero as stated in the auction. The reply claims it was because the merchandise weighed over 200 pounds and that the free shipping was a mistake. The auctions were for 32 tubes of suntan oil. And the pictures show them as distinctly used.

Actually, this makes me believe his 51T box story a little more. He obviously is one of those guys who buys anything for a penny so he can sell it for two pennies. The fact that he came across a fireman 23 years ago with some junk he took from a fire site (isn't there some sort of law or code of ethics about removing stuff from a building?) seems right in line.

WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    It's a truly small world. I stood in line next to this guy at the Ft. Washington baseball card show on Friday night. I saw him a few times throughout the show trying to sell to the dealers.

The box was empty that night.

I guess nobody bit. He looked like a low class individual if anyone cares.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"