Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cross-over results

Just an FYI for those who care. I sent in a few cards I had lying around for cross-over. The results were as follows:

1. 1923 WILLIAM PATTERSON 11 SPRAGUE CLEGHORN from KSA 3 to PSA 2.
2. 1974 TOPPS 456 DAVE WINFIELD from AKA 8 to PSA 6.
3. 1965 TOPPS 350 MICKEY MANTLE from BVG 5 to PSA 4.
4. 1968 TOPPS 177 METS ROOKIES J.KOOSMAN/N.RYAN from SGC 5.5 to PSA 5.
5. 1933 GOUDEY 119 ROGERS HORNSBY from SGC 5 to PSA 5.
6. 1911 T206 TRIS SPEAKER From SGC 3 to PSA 3.
7. 1909 E95 PHILA.CARAMEL CHRISTY MATTHEWSON (MATHEWSON) from SGC 3 to did not meet my minimum graded request of PSA3. Not crossed.
8. 1909 E95 PHILA.CARAMEL HONUS WAGNER from SGC 3 to PSA 3.
9. 1933 SPORT KINGS 3 NAT HOLMAN BASKETBALL from SGC 4 to PSA 4.

I'm really unhappy that the Matthewson didn't cross. I actually think it's a strong 3. Other than that I got exactly what I thought I'd get.
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Comments

• Options
    GoSox,
    Thanks for sharing your recent crossover results, I personally always find such results make for interesting reading.
    Did you request minimum grades on all of the cards?
    Have you tried cracking cards yourself first before submitting?

UK based card nut currently working on several sports & non sports sets on the psa registry.
    ebay id: bongobell
  • Options
    bongobell,

Yes. I did say the minimums I'd accept. That's why they didn't cross the Matthewson, because I had a PSA 3 minimum. The Cleghorn, Winfield, and Mantle cards deserved down-grades in my opinion.

I also hoped the Holman, Hornsby, and Ryan would be upgraded because they are very strong for the respective grades.

After many board threads on the subject of crack v. cross-over, the members on this board convinced me to cross first. If I didn't think the results were correct, then I'd try to crack and re-submit. I guess I now have the dilema of whether to crack on Mattheson, Ryan, Holman, and Hornsby?

Truthfully...I'll probaly sit. It's just a number on a holder because I'm keeping them all.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"