Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

"WINNER" announced...KELLOGG'S KRACKED KARD KONTEST !!!!!!!!!

Hey all...

Well...

We didn't have to put on any large groups of "temps" to do all the kounting...

We let the traffic kops go home early when the expectation of the mass of kollectors "dropping off" the last minute entries, never happened.....

All the media left shaking their heads, saying "I thought there were supposed to be 1000's"...

At Kellogg's Kracked Kard Kontest central.......Things were pretty dead.....

Here's what it komes down to...

4 Kontestants with only 5 "Krackers".

A special K Klub thanks to:

handyman

dbj77 (2 entries)

Rbeaton

Late70sTopps

and all the K guys that posted...

(special mention for murcerfan...real ugly card, but not Kellogg's...)

BY THE UNANAMOUS JUDGES DICISION....

THE WINNER IS...

Late70sTopps image

Franks K Kard was so ugly, it made THEGEMMINTMAN squint and made a little "O" with his mouth.........Uoooooo "that's nasty".....Zardoz called it "so butt ugly" that it didn't belong on the backside of anything........And KING KELLOGG said it looked like "Tammy Faye" before make-up.....

Frank will be receiving the GRAND PRIZE!!! A 1982 Kellogg's Rod Carew PSA 10 !!!

***KONGRATULATIONS***

(Doesn't look like there were enough entries out there..So don't look for a sequel.)

Thanks to all!!

Happy Kollecting !!!

THEGEMMINTMAN, Zardoz, and KING !!
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Nice contest guys...Thanks for bringing some "fun" to the boards.

John
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    an xograph is an xograph is an xograph.

Only difference is............. MINE ARE VINTAGE image

• Options
    Yippee! I guess I need to change my ID now. I thought I could stay collecting just Topps issues, but once I looked at a 3-D card and drank the coolaid, my life has never been the same! This card will be the first in the 1982 set. Thanks again. Frank
    Looking for 1975, 1978, and 1979 Topps Baseball in high end PSA 9 and PSA 10.
    And I'd like to take the time to thank our ESTEEMED judges... They were willing to take time out of their BUSY schedules in order to silence their K Kard Kritics. Nice job guys!!!

But, don't forget... you can never be completely certain that this wasn't the week were hundreds of the Kracked Kellogg's Kard Karriers (owning thousands of kracked examples...) weren't on vacation or washing their hair or something...

this is a goofy place... (shakes head...)
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Congrats to late 1970's. It just shows that even the worst Kellogg's card can pay dividends some day. More Koolaid please.
  • Options
    My Palmer card put up a good fight, but was no match for that 77 Luzinski. Congratulations to Late1970sTopps. image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Congrats Late1970s. I'm sure this is one of your collecting career highlights image
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options

I just felt that the '77 Luzinski was so bad on so many levels that it best embraced the advanced idea of K-plosion (a fate to soon reach all Kellogg's cards everywhere). It was the clear winner.

Thanks to everyone who participated and...

Kongratulations to Late1970sTopps!!!!! image

• Options
    A clear winner! Just looking at it made me feel dirty. That card should only be handled by a qualified individual wearing a Haz-Mat suit.

Well, I sincerely hope that this Kontest silences all the negativist posters who, over the past few years on this board, have slandered, libeled, lied, disseminated misinformation, and spieled tall tales regarding the "ticking time-bombs" that encapsulated K cards represent.

The few entries received from the Kollecting Kommunity substantiate the K Kult's, errrr K Krowd's, truthful, accurate, and honest assessment that their Klaims were false and designed to kause panic among the Kellogg's intelligencia, thus enabling this krowd of ne'r do wells to kapitalize by buying up the K gems at bargain prices as the ensuing panic was to result in a dumping on the market.

We've seen through your evil conspiracy, and like any poker game, your bluff was called. Next time you want to call us, you'd better have a stronger hand than a jack high against our Royal flush.

THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Jeez....no votes...I provided you with a freaking movie!

John
  • Options
    Basilone...

Hey John...I thought your movie was worthy of an Oscar, however that might be on our next contest..image
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Boy, that's one butt-ugly card!

The cracks don't help either....
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I think the Bull sat on his card.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

There are some PSA bashers that would say this card is a great example of a grader having a really bad day!!! image

I wonder if this post (and the scan)will be used as proof positive of the grading level of PSA? Wouldn't be a bit surprised image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.