Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

For the 1968 Collector who has everything...

Comments

• Options

Could this contain the first ever GEM MINT 10 Nolan Ryan Rookie?

It'll cost you 3-grand to find out. (Plus the grading fee, of course.)
  • Options

There was retail card shop in North Houston about 5-6 years ago, maybe longer, that had a '68 rack with Ryan on top. They wanted $1,200 if memory serves me correctly. As far as I know, it was still there when the shop closed and the owners went into the wholesale card business.

Maybe dude or zardoz remember it.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    With many racks, you could search through the rack without opening it. The edges would be pretty beat if this was the case.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    this looks like the rack i sold a year ago fopr 800 on ebay.
    not the best buy it now price but i dont think at that time
    it would have fetched more than a grand.this gai pack
    grading is a nice idea but the buyers are out of control.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Toppsgun -- Yes, I remember that Rack Pack well. Jim Giamattio (sp?) was the owner of the shop. I recall he want more like $5,000 for it.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    How many Nolan Ryans are possible in a pack like that?
    Somebody paid .29 for that pack,One of the most popular sets of the 60s.

Amazing
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Feeling down last night, I dug out my unopened packs (we all know there's something cathartic about looking at old unopened material) and that's the first thing I saw..a '68 rack I traded for a long time ago. I think the dealer's sticker price on it was $80! I didn't realize the grading of packs had made that much of a difference. I would hate to part with it but if it's a 9 and it sells for close to what this one did, that'll buy a lot of groceries! I have some '70 cellos--nice tight packs-- but the boxes are a little scuffed so would they not grade very high?