Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Okay..Okay..I give up...I just purchased a card from a Big-Time Dealers Website.

After reading a days worth of pro-dealer posts....I have decided to take the plunge and buy a card from a big-time dealer's website. I must purchased a $280 card from Brian Drent's site at 115% of SMR (with shipping)

1963 Topps Willie Stargell PSA 8 NQ RC

I just wanted to show you guys that I am not as much of a "anti-dealer" pr_ick as you may think I am.

My apologies to any that I have offended.

Since the National is in Cleveland next year...I do not want any of you guys to show up at my door with baseball bats.

John

Comments

• Options
    John,

A dealer is a dealer, how good of one is if he can sell it as stated. On some cases
    waiting for a card to hit ebay may last for years. Sometimes you just have to do what
    needs to be done no matter what the cost. At least it wasnt' double booked. If it was
    a centered clean card congrats.

Gator
  • Options

Just saw the scan you did AOK in my book!!!!
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    jsut wait till your wife find out
    she cant buy those curtains!
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just wanted to show you guys that I am not as much of a "anti-dealer" pr_ick as you may think I am. >>

As Gator stated a "Dealer is a Dealer", and don't forget Basilone, you are also a dealer. You sell on eBay and have made transactions off of eBay as well...jay
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Basilone-
    Great dealer. I hope your pleased with the transaction. Brian is a very fine dealer.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>jsut wait till your wife find out, she cant buy those curtains! >>

Very true...Im going to the title company tomarrow to close on my house....I better not look at eBay tonight and blow my down payment!

John
  • Options
    Hah....way to take the leap John. image
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    Just for fun, what was the opinion on this one??

• Options
    I saw that card...and forgot to bid. There was another one that sold for $250.00 to Virtualized.

I bought the card today as to extend the olive branch to the board and all the dealers out there.

John Basilone
  • Options

<< <i>I saw that card...and forgot to bid. There was another one that sold for $250.00 to Virtualized.

I bought the card today as to extend the olive branch to the board and all the dealers out there.

John Basilone >>

Actually, John, It ended at $245.50. The one that went for $255 that Kurt mentioned, is very nice.

BTW, why do you still insist on calling me "virtualized"? Did I do something wrong in our recent large $$$ transaction? image

JEB.
  • Options
    Sorry about that..I just realized you name ends in lizard. JEB...is alot easier to remember..I will use that.

John
  • Options
    I don't know how this applies, but something strikes me as appropriate...Satan

Tom Dooley

Met her on the mountain
    There I took her life
    Met her on the mountain
    Stabbed her with my knife

Hang down your head Tom Dooley
    Hang down your head and cry
    Hang down your head Tom Dooley
    Poor boy you're bound to die

Well, this time tomorrow
    Reckon where I'll be
    Hadn't it been for Grayson