Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Spreadsheets - Update

I spent several hours this weekend working on a few sets that had been requested over the past few weeks. I added the Pete Rose Master & Basic sets, I updated the Roberto Clemente Master set, and, at the request of several collectors over the past few months, I have added a program for keeping track of a general collection - multiple sports/years. This program is a work in progress and I would appreciate any feedback on ways to improve it. Obviously, everyone is going to have a different idea of what they would like to see available, but I am interested in producing something that will generally please most collectors. I have made a first attempt that includes several suggestions that I've received so far via email. Please feel free to offer any input if you are interested in this sort of program. Warning - it is a large file - about 2.5MB.

On another note, I have exceeded the storage capacity of my web host for this site. I now have to pay to provide this service and I've added a link at the top for donations via paypal. Although they are not required, donations will most definitely be appreciated, and will guarantee that I can continue to provide this service.

If anyone has any other sets that they would like to have added or updated, please email me.

Set Registry Spreadsheets

JEB.

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    How about this donation...I will not bid on any Stargell cards you need for the next week....notice how little you paid for the PSA 9 you won tonight...... image

Seriously...Thanks so much for all of the hard work you do with the spreadsheets...it is greatly appreciated.

John
  • Options
    Thanks John.

You're correct. My snipe was much higher. That's the lowest that card has gone for in a while.

Donation accepted! But what about that "huge donation" that I made to you a few weeks ago? image

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks JEB. These are great.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    Really appreciate your work..especially the 1957 Topps BB set. image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Thanks for your support, Frank. I'll get the other sets that you requested added to the site tomorrow.

JEB.
  • Options
    I have updated the Mike Schmidt Master set - PSA added 1 card to the set today (at my request image ).

Thanks to those who have contributed to keeping the site available for all.

JEB.
  • Options
    I have added the Mickey Mantle Basic and Master sets and the 1960 Topps Football set to my site.

Thanks again to those who have made contributions so far.

JEB.
  • Options
    As requested, the Rickey Henderson Basic Set has been added.

It's been a slow week - this was the first request that I have received in over a week.

Email me if you have a set that is not listed and I will get it added ASAP. jeb@virtualizard.com

JEB.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    JEB,

I don't think a day goes by when I don't use these. I hope that some others will help support your work by donating as well. Thanks again.

Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Frank,

Thanks for the support. I don't think a day goes by that I don't use them either. I started creating these for the sets that I was collecting because I had to have a good way to manage my sets. I can't imagine collecting a set on the Registry without being able to keep track of it and being able to see what upgrades or additions will do to my GPA or Set Rating.

As long as the interest is there, I will continue to provide this service. Again, if anyone is collecting a set that is not listed, please contact me and I will get it added ASAP.

JEB.
  • Options
    As requested, the 1955 Topps Baseball set has been added.

JEB.
  • Options
    Recent Updates:

• Added NFL Hall Of Fame Player Set - let me know when you get it working, Vince.

• Updated Rod Carew Basic & Master Sets (again, these two were my requests image)

Please let me know if any of you have had (or noticed) cards that have been added to sets recently. I don't look at all of the sets that often, so I can't catch all of the updates, but I will be more than happy to add them if you let me know.

Good luck to everyone on whatever you are collecting. Let me know if I can help.

JEB.

• Options
    As requested, the 1977 & 1978 Topps Football Sets have been added.

JEB.
  • Options
    Virtualizard

A Boggs Basic would be great. It is a small set it is under a hundred. Let me know what I can do in return.

James
    x
  • Options
    James,

The Wade Boggs Basic Set has been added.

In return, you can leave a small donation by clicking the link on the site if you feel it is worth it. I will continue to provide this service as long as it does not cost me too much. Currently, I am still in the red quite a bit.

Best of luck with your set.

JEB.
  • Options

JEB,

I really appreciate the set registry spread sheet.I am actively using it for my 56 set and it works great.I have foung an error that you might want to correct.Card # 138 should be Johnny Antonelli.I just thought you might want to know.If I was you,I might even sell this as it is a great collecting tool.Many thanks.Have you read the thread about the January show in Orlando?Are you going to attend?Maybe we can hook up at the show.Hopefully,you will get up my way before then and we can discuss it.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options

<< <i>JEB,

I really appreciate the set registry spread sheet.I am actively using it for my 56 set and it works great.I have foung an error that you might want to correct.Card # 138 should be Johnny Antonelli.I just thought you might want to know.If I was you,I might even sell this as it is a great collecting tool.Many thanks.Have you read the thread about the January show in Orlando?Are you going to attend?Maybe we can hook up at the show.Hopefully,you will get up my way before then and we can discuss it.

Vic >>

Vic,

I just checked my '56 Spreadsheet (both on my hard drive and on the website) and they both correctly list card #138 as Johnny Antonelli. I don't believe that I have ever updated this spreadsheet, but I may be wrong.

Check out the current version on the site. It is correct as far as I can tell.

I am aware of the Orlando show and I do plan to attend. I heard about it several weeks ago (believe it or not) from a dealer in Nebraska that I recently purchased some cards from. I didn't see the thread - I'm assuming it is on the Sports Cards and Memorabilia Forum? I rarely look at that forum anymore - very little discussion of either Sports Cards or Memorabilia.

I do hope to plan a trip soon. It just seems that I've got too much going on every weekend. I'm also spending way too much money as of late - just dropped about $30K on a new truck. I'd still like to do the bike ride up, weather permitting! I'll let you know.

Thanks.

JEB.
  • Options
    As requested, I have added the 1953 Topps, 1954 Topps, 1958 Topps (Basic & Master), and 1976 Topps Baseball sets, and the 1970 Topps Football set to my site.

I have also updated the Rod Carew Master Set, the Rickey Henderson Basic Set, and the Willie Stargell Master Set to include changes made recently.

JEB.
  • Options
    1955 Bowman Baseball has been added to my site.

Again, please e-mail me if you would like to see a set added that is not currently listed.

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks again JEB!
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Not a problem, Frank.

I just added the '51 Bowman Baseball set to my site and I've updated many other sets over the past month or so to include Basic and Master and also to add many cards to player sets. I'm sure I missed a few - please let me know if any set is not currently up to date and I will immediately fix it.

Thanks to all of you who keep me updated on changes to sets. I hope to be able to continually provide up to date information for any set out there, but a lot of it is up to you guys, especially on sets that I do not collect. All it takes is an email if a change has been made to any set that I have listed.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jeb. Your spreadsheets have been very helpful and I've learned some cool excel tricks from your work.

Cheers!

Scott
    1966T, 1971T, 1972T raw and in 8s
    1963T Dodgers in 8s
    Pre-war Brooklyn 5s or higher
  • Options
    hi, jeb
    please excuse my ignorance on the whole spreadsheet thing, what would this do for a set (player,j.bench) collector ?
    thank you my friend, lee
  • Options
    Speeder,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you requesting that I add the Johnny Bench sets to my site? My spreadsheets are a way to keep track of your collection. They calculate all of the numbers that are included on the set registry - % complete, GPA, Set Rating, and # of cards.

Let me know if you need more info.

JEB.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jeb
    when you get some free time and no rush. many other projects going right now. could you please add a koufax basic and master? thanks and happy new year
  • Options
    The Sandy Koufax Basic & Master sets have been added. I also updated the Rod Carew Master Set.

As always, please let me know if there is a set that you would like to have listed or one that is not up to date. I will add/correct it immediately. Thanks.

JEB.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    JEB,

The 1977 Topps Football set has been weighted.

Carlos
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Thanks JEB, you rule !! Happy New Year
  • Options
    Thanks, Duncan. Glad you like it. Did you get the Yaz I sent?

Carlos, the 1977 Topps Football set has been updated for weighting. Thanks for letting me know about it. That's the kind of information I need to keep up to date. I don't regularly check most of these sets, so I count on everyone else to let me know when changes are made.

Thanks again.

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks again JEB!

These come in handy every few months!
    Frank Bakka

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

JEB,

E-mail me an address again.I have something for you!!! image

Thanks,

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

I have been keeping up with requests, but I haven't posted about them lately. Maybe I should have - it seems we have a bunch of newcomers who might be interested.

In any case, always feel free to email me at jeb@virtualizard.com if you would like to see any other sets added to my website.

Vic, I'll email you right after I click "Reply" here. image

JEB.