Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Who Says You Need Professional Grading? 1972s

gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
Check out the result of this auction. How much does a 9 go for? It can't be much more than this. If someone knows how to post the results of his other 1972 auctions, you'll be amazed at what these sold for.

1972 auctions

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I took a look at his auctions early on and alot of the cards were already high. In his defense, I've gotten some very nice raw cards from this dealer -- really nice. Perhaps others have had similar experiences and this accounts for the prices realized in these auctions???
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    That Rose looks to be a little soft in the upper left. You can see it front and back. I would be surprised if it graded out an 8.
    I have had bad luck buying raw from ebay as scans cover a multitude of sin. Although I have never bought raw from this dealer I hear he is very reputable.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    I've bought from him as well. He does sell nice cards but you don't always get 9s or even 8s on them. I would never pay more than a PSA 8 price for a card in raw form based on a scan. I guess there a lot of gamblers on eBay.
  • Options
    John> "I guess there a lot of gamblers on eBay" - Considering the Rose went for about 2.5x what a slabbed PSA8 NQ Rose goes for, I'd sure say so. Can you imagine getting this card and finding a surface wrinkle?

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    I bought a 1976 raw set from him awhile back...........while many of the cards were very, very nice (majority 8's with a few 9's IMO), several of the key star cards had print defects that weren't apparent on the scans, while centering was all over the place. I teetered on keeping or returning the set; I eventually returned it and got a full refund. I would deal with him again based on his customer service.

BOTR
  • Options
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    I've picked up a few nice cards from Waverly... But, had I seen this auction, I would have topped out at around $150 or so. I figure I could get $125 back for a PSA 8 and the extra $25 would be worth the gamble for the 9.

Looks like a couple of these guys got caught up in the emotion of it. Sure hope for their sake it doesn't have a surface wrinkle!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    The Kaline went for around $150. Anyone know what a 9 sells for?
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    One sold on ebay in July for $203 and another sold in early September for $201.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Not much upside for that buyer. Hopefully he gets a 10.