Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

If you have very deep pockets this collection may be for you!

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

If I had very deep pockets...I would not be buying PSA 6 & 7s.

John
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    The seller would have a better chance of getting bids if he used his same % and auctioned them off by individual years.
    A bidder who may want to start the '57 set, won't need the rest of the years.
    Plus having some of the high $ stars garded by PRO won't help garner much activity...jay
  • Options
    This lot breaks every rule we try to stick to regarding intelligent collecting. All the commons from the 56,57,58 and 59 sets in PSA 5, PSA 6 and PSA 7 are basically worthless. Most of these cards are 50 to 70 percent of book. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be best to break up all the sets, have the superstars slabbed by PSA and sell them individually? Unless, you're trying to put together a Topps set for every year, I don't see how this would be appealing. 50K seems ridiculous to me. Curious as to your thoughts. Maybe someone could milk 25 to 30K out of this grouping.

Satan
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    this auction has been relisted at least 3 times already. i posted a link about it maybe 10 days ago.

of course i would like to buy it but if i had 50,000 to spend in cards then i would defenetly not buy PSA 6's from the late 50's

the last time it ended up around 20 grand..i think if he breaks it up in more defined lots he might get up to 30 grand for it
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    he would prefer postal MO for payment, that would mean mailing him over 50 money orders, I think the minimum is less than $1000. your favorite postal clerk would be happy with that order.image
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    Agree with Satan, why spend that kind of cash on a bunch of PSA 7's and ungraded cards?

If you're collecting in that range, you don't have $50K to spend. If you have $50K to spend, buy better cards.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    PSAtan - commons sell quite well in PSA 7 from '56 and '57, and reasonably well in the same grade from '58 and '59. PSA 6 commons from '56 and '57 can be sold without a serious loss. As to the others, somebody is going to lose out badly.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    From my E-Bay selling experiences, I agree with Nick M. There is a VERY good market for PSA 5, 6 and 7 commons from the 50's (all years including the late 50's). This is especially true for stars but commons sell in that condition too. There is not crazed bidding by 2 or more "I've got to have that card or I'll die tomorrow" guys but it does sell and occasionally for multiple bids. (I start all my graded card auctions at near the 70% of SMR level).
    Joe Tauriello
    Setbuilders Sports Cards
    Ebay: set-builders & set-builders2