Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Submission Question

I have a good sized submission set up to send in for grading (150-200 cards), but there are several cards that I can't identify. Has anyone ever submitted oddball cards that they couldn't identify? If so, how do you note it on the submission form? Will PSA authenticate/grade cards that you can't identify? I would hope that they would, considering that they are supposedly the experts.

Before you ask for scans, the cards that I haven't been able to identify are not mine. I'm including them with my submission for a friend and I don't have the cards in my possession yet - I saw them about 2 months ago. He will be sending them to me in the next week or so.

Thanks in advance.

JEB.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Jeb:

You really have to identify the cards -- PSA makes enough labelling mistakes as it is -- and if you make a labelling mistake on the submission sheet, odds are on the oddballs that PSA will grade it as such. I have about a dozen Schmidt cards that are labelled incorrectly -- and I am sure that more than zero of those are my fault for labeling it wrong on the original invoice (pretty hard sometimes, since I have submitted at least one or two hundred oddballs that had never been graded before...)

Anyway -- enjoy the rest of your weekend, Jeb. I'm still reeling on your b*tchslap of me on the '75 OPC Schmidt card. At the price that card went for, you can beleive I'll start buying the GAI-graded packs again for $30 a pop.

Cheers-
    MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks, Marc. I'll do some more research, but I've had no luck so far. I've never had this problem before.

<< <i>...I'm still reeling on your b*tchslap of me on the '75 OPC Schmidt card. At the price that card went for, you can beleive I'll start buying the GAI-graded packs again for $30 a pop... >>

Sorry! image

I had some extra cash lying around and thought, what the heck! image

BTW, what's the status of that PR sticker you have? I'll trade you the '75 OPC for a PSA 8 if you're interested.

Good luck with your sets!

JEB.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Mike-

I'm not sure you do have to identify the cards. I just sent in a bunch of stuff two weeks ago, and the lot included a 1975 Wonder Bread (?) Franco Harris, along with some vintage football which I couldn't identify. I submit through a major PSA dealer/ submitter, and when I asked him if he knew what they were he said he didn't know either, but not to worry about it, and that PSA would figure it out. So, we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Boo-

Let me know what happens. I don't think I'll be able to identify them all.

JEB.
  • Options
    JEB:

What era/sport are they from?
  • Options
    Virtualizard,

Just post their scans here. With the cumulative knowledge on this board, chances are excellent that someone will be able to identify them.

Skycap
  • Options
    Skycap,

Read my original post - I do not have the cards. They are my friend's cards.

Spacktrack - 60s, 70s, and 80s baseball.

JEB.
  • Options
    Then please post their scans when you get them "in the next week or so."
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    JEB,

Try listing them as "PSA 10 Sportscard" and see what happens! image

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/