Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

talk about collecting all over the place

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
Groucho Marx

Comments

• Options
    im actually doing a similar "type" set in hockey....i wish it was restricted to regular player cards and not league leaders though (his 1975 topps)
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    PSA needs to add '72 Kellogg's All-Time Greats to that set.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    That's pretty COOL image

T-206......nice.......Cracker Jack.........nice........Play Ball and '75 mini's....very nice.......

Looks like Kellogg's made the list too.........nice, nice, nice........

It won't be long that a few more "samplers" are on board...

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Could be a interesting set to put together. I should think most collectors have a few "type" cards kicking around.

HOFer's would be good.......do you reckon that's what most collectors would do?

Any idea why the N28 set isn't included?
    UK based card nut currently working on several sports & non sports sets on the psa registry.
    ebay id: bongobell
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    they left out all the tough regional sets. and how can it not be wieghted?
    actually needs to be double wieghted, based first on set, then on player within set.
    so a Clemente 3-d would be like 75 points. a cobb carcker jack 100 a wagner t206 (hmm. a hundred billion points,.......... no wieght......make that 500 points.
    The whole thing is kinda silly, but........to each his own.

• Options
    murcerfan - they left out the non-LA tough regional sets. PSA knows what city really matters.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Nick-
    I've tried to explain that to Murcer many times, but he's too Yankee oriented to see where the really nice stuff comes from. More Morrell's and Remars and Zeenuts and Bell Brands for us.
    Don't tell him most of the Wilson Franks get found out here either.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Thats AWESOME! If PSA sets up the same thing for Football or Hockey i think i would work on a "type" set of those sports.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    my hockey type set looks really cool when displayed, ill scan it whenever i get the chance
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Anthony.
    I just upgraded my Wilson Franks Slaughter to PSA 5. Nah Nah na-nah-na.
    Now all I need to be 5's or better is Hodges, and "frankly speaking" he's just a trolley dodger and not worth the trouble. How are your Dodgers coming along? come on.. we sent you the Ventura, maybe if he played more often you wouldn't be losing so many games. But my guess is that your Southern California teams just don't have enough real fans to NOT be losers.

And Wilson's were based in Chicago you dope (i think that's east coast to you)
    Gotta Go ride some hurrican waves.. later dude.
  • Options
    I think it's a pretty cool set. Just don't take it too seriously yet. Without weighting, it really does not have a lot of potential to be taken seriously. It needs some work, but it could be a really cool set, specifically as a display piece, as Will has suggested. I will probably register a set eventually.

BTW, did anyone notice that PSA has publicly stated that '75 is vintage with the addition of this set? I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that yet. Kellogg's Kollektors should be rejoicing! image

JEB.
  • Options
    Griffins - don't forget Obaks.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    Look's pretty cool. I've been toying with the idea anyway of trying to get one card from every set. I think I'll give it a shot.
    Dave
    1973 Topps PSA 9's+(retired)
    1986 Topps PSA Perfect(active)
    1997 Flair Legacy's(active)