Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

KELLOGG'S KRACKED KARD KONTEST

As we all now know Kellogg's 3-D cards are all ticking time bombs. It's just a matter of time before each Kellogg's card ever produced cracks and burns in the ultimate 3-D holocaust. In honor of this soon to be cataclysmic and unpreventable event, a 1982 Rod Carew PSA 10 (1 of 2) will be awarded to the collector who best provides a scan of a PSA graded Kellogg's card (any year) which will be graded by our panel of three expert Kellogg's judges (KING KELLOGG, Zardoz, and thegemmintman) using the following criteria:

One point received for each crack.

One point awarded for short length cracks and corner cracks.

Two points awarded for medium length cracks.

Three points awarded for long length cracks.

(What constitutes a particular length of a crack is determined by judges).

Overall poor eye appeal is a huge plus and will be accounted for in a very subjective manner as determined by the judges. This final category will weigh heavily in the voting.

The judges must inspect the winning card to verify authenticity prior to awarding the grand prize.

Finally, scans must be submitted on this thread any time until Sunday, Midnight EST, September 21st, 2003. The winner will be announced sometime on Monday, September 22, 2003 or any time we freakin wish.

Good Luck to ALL the Kontestants!!!

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one with a crack going through the hole card!! I just bought about 20 PSA 9's from JTcards and one had a huge crack in it. I still have it and Ill get a scan of it but I dont know how to post them on here Ill send it to your email. Peterosepsa@yahoo.com
    Its really bad! Its a 1970 Kellogg's card #14 Dave McNally serial #81214602 . The crack is about a 1/4 inch from the bottom and it goes all the way across.
  • Options
    Also Jt was very nice about it and offered a full refund but I never got around to sending it back. Great seller.
  • Options
    I've got raw stuff in this category to beat the band, but I'm afraid I can't help with a graded card.... You'll have to pardon me now, as I go pick up a load of plywood before Isabel gets hereimage
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I've thrown all my kracked K Kards away!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Rumor has it that if you put a cracked Kellogg's card through the eye of a hurricane, the change in barometric pressure will seal the crack.
    Isabel arrives just in time for a massive cracked Kellogg's card revival!
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    Hear Ye...Hear Ye...

LET THE KONTEST BEGIN !...

KING KELLOGG
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Handyman,
    I had a similar experience with JTCards this month. I buy a lot of 1970 Kelloggs PSA 9's from them and I got a Bobby Murcer with a huge crack on the bottom just like yours. He's a great seller and has offered a refund or exchange. If I feel like it, I'll get around to scanning it for this thread.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Break out your sledge hammers and other Implements of destruction for this one .... Time for some Zardozian experiments

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options

<< <i>Break out your sledge hammers and other Implements of destruction for this one >>

Luxury, that's exactly why we need to inspect the winning card before the prize can be awarded image.
  • Options

<< <i>I have one with a crack going through the hole card!! I just bought about 20 PSA 9's from JTcards and one had a huge crack in it. I still have it and Ill get a scan of it but I dont know how to post them on here Ill send it to your email. >>

Handyman - one of our "Crack" team of judges will contact you shortly to receive your Kracked K image.
  • Options
    OK

Let's start taking this Kontest seriously folks!

Over the past year, there have been several posters who have been most vocal in regard to what horrible cards the K's are, and how they are prone to crack in their holders. Every Nabob of Negativity with an opinion painted a gloom and doom scenario with these 3-D gems.

Well boys, it's put up or shut up time.

There's a decent prize, impartial judging, and an opportunity for you, the Kellogg's Kritics to step up to the plate and sunstantiate your claims.

THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Here is my submission. I filmed it live while a fellow collector (god bless his soul) went to pick up his first ever submission of Kellogg's cards at the Post Office. He wanted to have a permanent, visual record of this historic day in his collecting life.

Whoops!

John
  • Options
    Someone tell me how to get a file on here bigger than 50 kb. How can anyone see anything 50k or smaller?
  • Options
    Nevermind, here's half of it. You can see the crack all across the bottom. I'll post a Rogers Hornsby 1970 Rold Gold that's starting to crack as well.
  • Options
    Heres the Hornsby, not sure if you can see it, but there is a crack starting out above his first name.

By the way, I'm not doing this to knock on Kelloggs, I love them and am collecting several sets, just competing for fun. Basilone, that animation is hilarious.... image
  • Options
    I'll try to post a pic of my Kracked Palmer card by this weekend (I think all the judges have already seen it anyway). My server has crashed and I have to dig up the picture.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
  • Options
    Murcerfan - how dare you post one of those ugly Topps 3-D cards on our Kontest thread! It is nice to see though how the mightly Topps 3-D have fallen as well image.
  • Options
    Here's my entry:

Robert
    Looking for:
  • Options
    rbeaton - That classic is going to be tough to beat.
  • Options
    Just an FYI ,
    Last year I returned two cracked Kellogg's Cards that were in PSA 9 holders to PSA ... They gave me free grades slightly over the value of the cards... No questions asked they were very helpful.....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options

<< <i>Last year I returned two cracked Kellogg's Cards that were in PSA 9 holders to PSA >>

Luxury, why return them? Kracked Kellogg's Kards are like individual pieces of coal turning to diamonds over time. They're also valuable around Kontest time image.
  • Options
    Nobody emailed me for a pic. Mine looked like the first 1970 with a crack.
  • Options
    Handyman, Zardoz e-mailed you a couple of times and he kept getting a ""Mailer-daemon" response. Please check the e-mail address you previously listed or do you have another one we can try?
  • Options
    Although Robert's 1974 Jim Palmer looks pretty bad, I think this classic 1977 card of "the Bull", takes the prize. This beauty looks like it was sealed up with a self destructing mechanism inside the holder! I wish I could figure out how to make my scanner quit focusing on the holder and focus on the image because there are at least three cracks that don't show up on the current scan. I will try to do that this weekend. Anyway, here is my entry into the contest. Judges, if you have any questions, please ask. Frank
    Looking for 1975, 1978, and 1979 Topps Baseball in high end PSA 9 and PSA 10.
    Wow!
    It imploded.
  • Options
    Handyman, send your Kellogg's scan to Zardoz. Here is his e-mail address:

Zardoz51@aol.com
  • Options
    That 77 sure looks worse than my Palmer card. Perhaps I should go find my Palmer card and see if it has developed any new cracks. image

Robert
    Looking for: