Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Stunning Original, And Rare, Toned Draped Bust Half!!!!

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
I missed this one and would have done my best to obtain ownership of it. It went out to another customer. BTW, in the very slim chance this coin gets returned..... I've got the next shot at it.image
Just thought the Draped Bust enthusiasts would appreciate this one.

Mike, you sure you sent this one out? Draped Bust Half
Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Stman, I dig it!!!!

Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    Woooooo
  • Options
    Nah!!! I Don't like it!! image
  • Options
    Beautiful coin!! well out of my reach...image What is the mark on it at around 3:30 on the obv??
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Looks lie a die crack. Very nice coin.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Two years ago $4700 would be overpriced, but this last year many choice AU 1806 draped bust halves realized $4700+ at auctions. I don't have my Overton book handy, but this looks like a late die state O.109a with the crack below the date and at star 12 (3:30), with stars beginning to draw to the edge.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that's a beautiful coin. I'd love to own it. But only inspection in person can prove if it's a totally original piece. It may be semantics, but so many bust and seated coins have been dipped or lightly cleaned in the past 10-50 years. They usually tone back with various shades of browns and purples. Usually on the drabber side of the color spectrum. They can still look nice but would not technically be original and in most cases the luster was dulled in the process. JMHO.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't have my Overton book handy, but this looks like a late die state O.109a with the crack below the date and at star 12 (3:30), with stars beginning to draw to the edge. >>

Just checked my Overton book and Nysoto nailed it as the 0.109A, the die crack being at star 12 confirmed it for me. As far as I can tell anyway.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should buy it, stman image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file