Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

To me the best part of pcgs is that they seem to grade to a higher standard then ngc, but I hope tha

I hope at some point HRH says something to us over what happened with Jade coins attribution mess.

Of all the customer service problems I've seen since I collected my first pcgs graded coin back in the 1980's, I find this issue and the way it was handled to be the most troubling.

I don't collect attributed/pedigreed coins, they hold nothing for me but an unwarrented premium price, but it seems that the gaurantee that is the backbone of why pcgs started and is successful in the first place is hurt with something like this.

Perhaps as was stated earlier, their are legalities that non of us know about as to why David has said nothing yet, but at some point I'm sure we'd all like to hear his perspective of this as well as what was said in Jades thread that was found to be so offensive that his thread was deleeted and he was booted off.

I don't want to get booted, but I'm going to restate a comment I made earlier into the form of a question For Mr. Hall; Was Jade coin lying when he said he did try to settle this with you before he posted his thread here ?

This thread is not meant as a knock on pcgs, I just want to know the truth of what happened.

Les

The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    barberlover, your question will never be answered.

K S
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I don't think they grade to a higher standard. It's just a different standard. The PCGS standard. Neither better nor worse.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    If a higher standard means that they stick MS-63 coins in MS-61 or 62 Holder to protect their butts is of no help to the hobby or the collector. If I go to sell that coin everybody will take PCGS grade on the holder to bid or buy your coin. If it is in fact a 63, even though undergraded YOU lose money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file