Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

another San Diego coin show find: Toned '51S dime

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
just practicing some quick imaging, here's a dime I bought for a song today:

aw heck, guess the NGC grade if you'd like, and post a toned roosie!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• Options
    Nice song - great coin - you're not seeing those as often as one would like! image

I'll call it a 66FT
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Pretty coin, I have this one a five and maybe slipping to a ms64 because of Roosies cheek... but a pretty coin....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    nice coin - how about MS67 FT

I haven't figured out how to post them without being attachments, but a nice 58
  • Options
    Very nice Sinin - there's not many of those around!
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    Nice dime!. I was there about 1:30 this afternoon, but really didn't get to see much because my four year old daughter didn't want to spend much time there. We went straight to the kids table as soon as we got there. She got a Whitman Lincoln folder and a handful of pennies to put in it and she was ready to go. I was surprised how many people were there. Hopefully the next show I'll be able to browse a little more.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Nice coin!!!!!! I hope the song was "It's five o'clock somewhere".....Ken
  • Options
    I got there about 11, and the place was very crowded...but thinned out after a bit when the early arrivers took off. Managed to find a decent EF 1896 Liberty nickel and an 1867 EF shield with rays nickel from the type set from Ted's Coins. Also picked up an upgrade to my Walker set and a half dime for my type set.

If you're gojng to Long Beach...I'll through another shameless shill for Ted's Coins....Ted Koopman. He'll be at Long Beach althogh I'm afraid I don't know his table number.
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I arrived at the Oceanside show shortly after it opened at 10am, but was gone by 11. The only thing I saw at the show that interested me were an MS63 (ANACS) Lafayette dollar, and a "Lazy 2" note, but I left without purchasing anything. I then went to a coin shop in Oceanside that has a pretty decent selection of slabbed and raw material (decent for a shop, that is), and was able to add a note to my currency type set.
    Matt
  • Options
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    Nice color! And I'll post two DIFFERENT Blue ones in honor of the blue on your pretty coin!
    imageimage
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file