Home Q & A Forum
Options

Tough Questions

David:

Last week you encouraged tough questions - so here's one for you and Carol.

I see the boards as both an invaluable source of numismatic information, and as an informal family of friends who enjoy getting together and chatting about all manner of things. However, it appears that when a controversial issue comes up where a member, for whatever reason, gets upset over an issue with PCGS, the matter is allowed to get out of control, and then someone winds up getting booted out of the forum. I think that these actions become a no win situation for you, PCGS, and the board.

Just as you have acquiessed to Presidential Reviews on matters relating to concerns over grading, would it not make sense to have some sort of review of these matters of concern to board members before they get out of hand? I know that Carol has her hands full, but it is my feeling that if you guys can lend an ear to some of these issues before they get out of control (and yes I'm referring to Jadecoin) then all parties concerned might just come to an amicable solution. Banning people from the boards, while it is your choice, I feel will ultimately lead to the demise of our "neighborhood".

Thanks

Frank

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Frank,

I appreciate your idea but these instances are rare and do not involve a lot of people. The overwhelming majority of board members are serious collectors who participate on the boards in a very positive manner. We appreciate input and suggestions we recieve from board members and I find most posts to be witty, entertaining, and informative. I don't think the boards need much oversight and I think they work pretty well as is...to the benefit of both PCGS and the members.

Thanks...David