Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dansco U.S.-Philippine coin album!?

It can happen. Some here have voiced approval if an album of these beauties can be made. I spoke to someone at Dansco who recommended that all interested hobbyists write to owner Steve Bruce, Dansco Coin Albums, 4313W. Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles CA., 90016 and put in their requests. For me it would be the 20 coin type set:
2 ea.(sm/lg size) sovereign 5,10,20,50 centavos, pesos, the 5 commonwealth coins, 1/2,1 centavo, sovereign and 3 commemoratives. What do you think folks?
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• Yes! I want one of these too - and one for Canadian Silver dollars.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Dansco made an album for Canadian silver dollars. I picked one up at Long Beach last year for dollars minted between 1935 and 1972, then I found an extra page for 1972 and on at a coin shop.

If I were to get a Dansco album to replace my Whitman Philippines type set album, I'd want one that included spaces for Spanish colonials including gold. It's frustrating to have the gold peso, 2 pesos, and 4 pesos and not have a place to put them.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Whitman makes one!!!???? Where can I get one!? What does it have spaces for? Shiro to the rescue!
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Frattlaw offered one on this board a while back (Whitman). I have all Danscos though and I'm anal about presentation.

Shiro - where would I find one of these alledged Canadian Dollar Danscos? I saw they offer one for Silver Maples bu had none listed for any other Canadian coins.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!
  • Try:

Colonial Acres

They have lots of stuff for Canadian collectors-nice site too.

-brian

• ttt
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Does any want me to try and find another Phillipines Type Set album (Whitman) or are you guys interesting in Dansco only?

Let me know,

Michael
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shiro - where would I find one of these alledged Canadian Dollar Danscos? I saw they offer one for Silver Maples bu had none listed for any other Canadian coins. >>

Maybe it's out of print, but I got it as soon as I saw it. I don't need the spaces for Arnpriors since I don't collect die state varieties, but that's my only misgiving with it.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time to resurrect an old thread!!

I'm starting to design a Philippines coin album. Is there still an interest in such a book and what coins, dates, etc. should be included in it? Should there be breakdowns in sovereign control, i.e. one set ends when the administration changes from Spanish to U.S. to Commonwealth? Or should the denominations just run on through and ignore their political divides?

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably be quicker to get @The_Dinosaur_Man to make you one. He does excellent work.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • @The_Dinosaur_Man said:
    Time to resurrect an old thread!!

I'm starting to design a Philippines coin album. Is there still an interest in such a book and what coins, dates, etc. should be included in it? Should there be breakdowns in sovereign control, i.e. one set ends when the administration changes from Spanish to U.S. to Commonwealth? Or should the denominations just run on through and ignore their political divides?

Well, knowing how Dansco used to produce their foreign albums, I'd take a chronological approach. For example, Dansco's Cuba-type album, starts with the Republic of Cuba of the 1st and 2nd pages and then proceeds to Communist rule on the 3rd page.

In this case, I'd go with the following arrangement:

Spanish > U.S. Administration > Commonwealth.

delenda est WitterU

• kruegerkrueger Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I have owned a handmade dansco philippine album
    For 20
    Centavos and fifty centavos made from blank correct sized pages and labeled appropriately.
    Looked like the add on labels came from Dansco. Not sure, but they were all production made and correct ,
    They were not hand written.
    Sold it at an auction. Very creative Album!

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

We’ll just to answer the decade old question about what’s in the whitman version

• The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the size of the 5 Centavos 1903-1936? I've found a 0.2mm discrepancy between the Red Book, Krause, and Numista.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:
    We’ll just to answer the decade old question about what’s in the whitman version

I picked up one of these a few years ago that was about half full, and lately I have been trying to complete it. Those 1936-M Commonwealth Pesos are wildly expensive, I had no idea until I started researching the missing coins.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file