Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pictures of the NGC generation slabs LONG

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like the first holder with the black filler. I've never seen anything like it at any show
  • Options
    Not many people seem to have noticed or cared... but about 9-12 months ago, NGC started switching to a new shell... it doesn't look much different, but it makes some improvements... the 'reeds' on the edge of the slab are thicker (Which is one of the easier ways to spot the different slab) and space out a little further than the previous shell... the 'rims' of the slab are also a little thicker... this provides for better stacking of slabs, and also makes them a little bit more tamper evident... if anyone has tried to crack a recent slab by the vice method, you'd probally have noticed this... the edges are stronger, so a lot of times when you apply to much pressure, instead of the seals popping open, the slab will bend and even shatter...

I devised a fairly clean method of dealing with this... I've had maybe 1 in 50 NGC slabs shatter when I'm doing it this way, whereas 1 in 10 or more were shattering before... I apply pressure with the vice until just before the slab starts to bend... if a seal hasn't popped, I take a pair of snips, and give the edge a tap, and it usually pops it right open... do that on all 4 sides, and you'll get an easy crack almost every time image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It's been over 4 years since the first post was updated, has anyone done another thread that does 2003-2007?
  • Options
    Is this completely up to date? I noticed that Conder mentioned several times that he needed to update the list.....just not sure it was done. Since he has been banned I guess I will go across the Street and find out image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth a ttt.
  • Options
    This is not the most up to date version -

The latest look at the NGC Generations can be found here.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt for the thread as well as the above link by CCU.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    what about the NGC prebarcode with the green inserts?
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    Were the green inserts w/barcode printed green or is this a faded (brown?) ink?
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Gosh I miss Cammie.

I was to paint landscapes for his new home in Colorado or was it Arizona. Then we lost contact. I understand why. He was always a good friend though in PM's. And then that jack*** who shall remain nameless posting bad stuff to his memorial page - I don't care his motives that was just wrong. It was I who had those comments removed and shut that ******* fool down.

Eric image

To Manor below: This seems out of the blue but some posts were edited out, making it seem so.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gosh I miss Cammie.

I was to paint landscapes for his new home in Colorado or was it Arizona. Then we lost contact. I understand why. He was always a good friend though in PM's. And then that jack*** who shall remain nameless posting bad stuff to his memorial page - I don't care his motives that was just wrong. It was I who had those comments removed and shut that ******* fool down.

Eric image >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file