Home PSA Set Registry Forum

ANOTHER COMPLETED 1974 SET ON THE REGISTRY

CONGRATULATIONS TO SIDEPLATE FOR COMPLETING HIS 1974 TOPPS BASEBALL SET. WELL DONE!!!!

Comments

• Well Done!!!

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Congrats Ken... You even got the infamous George Theodore in an 8 great Job!!!!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Great Job!!!
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Way to go. I still remember buying packs and getting those infamous "Washington Natl. League" cards.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Great job sideplate!

Its starting to get crowded in that top 10!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Congratulations Sideplate!

The are a few others that should be completing the set soon. Todd Schaefer, Mark Koll, and David Robinson. I know the 74 set isn't discussed much here but there are still a number of very low pop commons that are very difficult to find in the 74 set. Plus there are still about 30 cards that are pop zero in psa 9.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Oops - I forgot Brians monster set (Dgofwinter's 74 set) which will eventually be a straight nine set. Since it was already finished once is this considered re-finishing it?

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Nice set! Congratulations! I remember working on that set as a 10 year old.

Regards,

Alan
  • Way to go sideplate. It was a huge task. Enjoy it.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Ken,
    Great job with your 74 set!!!! I know that you worked hard on it.
    Whats next for you?
  • Ken,
    Congrats, that is my all time favorite set.
    Scott
    I am working on PSA baseball sets in 8 or better from 1973 thru 1976. Also Mike Schmidt & Pete Rose sets.
  • Any complete major Topps issue is an incedible feat in my book. Congratulations Sideplate!
    Ray B69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job. That's a tougher set than it seems. Good luck if you have a follow-on venture.
  • Congratulations!!! Enjoy your cards!!!

dgf

• Congratulations!!!!image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm very proud of the set. I don't think it will last in the Top 5 very long, but it sure is nice for now. Congrats to Wayne for the 9.0 set. Awesome!!!
  • BJY83BJY83 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Do you have an extra 1974 #263 (checklist) in NMMT condition available? It's the last card i need for my raw set.

Brian

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    Do you have an extra 1974 #263 (checklist) in NMMT condition available? It's the last card i need for my raw set.

This thread is 20 years old!

What's your point? These guys all collected 74s and I'm looking for a card from that set. Did everyone throw out their cards in the last 20 years?

@PaulMaul said:

@BJY83 said:

This thread is 20 years old!

Brian

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it doesn’t hurt, but no one in this thread is a current poster with the exception of gemint. Sideplate, whose set is being discussed here, has not visited the forum in over five years.

When you're down to one card and no one seems to have a NM one at a reasonable price, you take desperate measures. Lol

Brian