Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Traders and swappers

Are there any traders or swappers out there who are serious about trading coins. I'm 71 and have been trading for over 50 years. Still got lots of holes to fill and wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as I am and would like to get together for some serious horse trading. I'm especially into Kennedy, Franklin halves, Jefferson nickels and mercury dimes. Got lots of stuff to trade. Interested?? Then email me at: luskie@adelphia.net and let's swap stories or trade coins.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you the best of luck. Long distance trading was once very common but has virtually disappeared today. (Remember the early days of Numismatic News or COIN WORLD's "Trading Post".) In general, I think most collectors today have become too specialized to successfully trade very much.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Wow, trading and swapping, cool, finally.......oh, wrong forum. Never mind.image

GSAGUY
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably have more luck on the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum.

I used to love trading. I still do it with folks on the World Coin Forum. It was particularly nice back in the old days when I was dirt poor and cash-broke but had lots of goodies to swap. It's fun. I don't have as much time to do it anymore, but I fondly remember it. I still enjoy a good haggle now and then.

Sam Petry, aka "Cladking", was my trade partner for years, before we got on the Internet. He's a stand-up guy and a great trader. I don't know if he has anything you want or vice-versa, or if he even swaps anymore, but you might send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread. As his forum name implies, he likes BU clad coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file