Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

I need YOUR opinion for a new sportscard info site!!

I bring this topic to the Beckett boards as I think that there is a need for a new sports card site. I have written for sites including Sportsology, Cardbuzz, and others, but feel that there is still a lack of overall quality sports card reporting and article writing.

My goal in this post is to find out what type of site people would want. This site would not have much, if anything to do with aspects like trading as there are many well-established sites with large numbers of good traders or selling of a product. The major focus would be on previews and reviews of products in all four major sports, plus racing, golf, and if the need grows, non-sports cards, as well as in-depth interviews with sports and hobby figures. It would also include researched, original articles, a real readers write section, and hopefully a chance for you to directly request specific types of stories and the ability to get in contact with those in the hobby through us.

I feel that there is a lack of consistent, quality reporting without sugar-coating everything to make each product seem like a revelation, but to point out the strengths and weaknesses so that the card companies have accurate feedback to work from.

Please feel free to reply to this topic, or email me directly with suggestions to what I have said, or what you feel would make the best sports card information site online.

Evan
evan@dobkin.net
Basketball: Vintage stars and semistars, older player autographs, Charles Barkley autos & game used.

Football - High end rookies, jerseys, and autos of University of Miami defensive players.

Baseball - High end Shawn Green.

Refs: Slipknot, Sosa21, Zelock Chow(Beckett), Derick Blair, Skeeter (Beckett), Art Tidd(Beckett), Craig Smith(Beckett), furrymonster05(TR), clearandvalid (CU)