Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Best Kellogg's Registry Set

So what is the most impressive Kellogg's set on the Registry? I didn't look at all of them but here's some nominees.

1970 Kellogg's baseball----Gemmintman's 9.77
1970 Kellogg's football---Mick's 9.18
1971 Kellogg's baseball---Mick's 9.02
1971 Kellogg's football---Mick's 8.41
1972 Kellogg's baseball---3-d Dreamer's 9.05
1972 Kellogg's Baseball ATG---Mick's 9.30
1973 Kellogg's baseball---Dave Jacobs 9.43
1974 Kellogg's baseball---Steve's 9.20
1976 Kellogg's baseball---Steve's 9.34
1978 Kellogg's baseball--Dave Jacobs 9.16
1980 Kellogg's baseball--Dave Jacobs 9.17
1981 Kellogg's baseball--Dave Jacobs 9.11

My take-Overall, Dave Jacobs, Steve and King Kellogg have put together some great multi-year collections. Individually, no one has produced a 1975 set that has reached the 9.0 level. That's a tough year but no way it's as tough as either of the 71's. I'm not sure why the 1971 football number is so low.
Most impressive set??? I think it comes down to Gemmintman's 1970 baseball or Mick's 1971 baseball. The gemmintman's number of tens is incredible. But, there have only been 7 different 1971 cards graded as a 10, and Mick's set has four of them.
1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    No contest.
    1971 Kellogg's baseball---Mick's 9.02

of course the best 3-d set on the registry is Merkle's '68 topps
  • Options
    What an awesome display of K-prowess! We've come a really long way in the past 2-3 years.

The PSA Registry Awards should have their own K-award each year, and it should start with KING KELLOGG receiving a Kellogg's Lifetime Achievement Award.
  • Options
    Long live the King!
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    Just for people that are beginning - The 1971 Kellogg set was the only delicious breakfast treat 3-D set not available as a whole. Cards had to be acquired one by one. I don't know all the details, but I have a feeling someone here can provide some greater detail.

1971 in 9.0whatever is an amazing accomplishment.

Best,

Satan
  • Options
    I second GMM's nomination for the King! The "Court" will probably need to be expanded at some point to include some Princes, etc....
  • Options
    For what it's worth.... if Gemmintman ever gets a complete 1970 Kellogg's set in PSA 10, that will be one of the great accomplishments of our collecting era. I just love the 71 sets. I like the challenge, I like the players that they put in the set (just enough commons to make it interesting), I like the variations. Collecting the 1971 baseball set is a lot of fun. Cards from the football set are so difficult to locate that I find it harder to enjoy. It's more like work. Still, I'm addicted to both. Some day I'd like to have the 1972 ATG's complete in PSA 10 (I'm about half way). I can't imagine trying to pull that off with the 1970 baseball set.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.