Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Seahorsies are Beautiful!!!!!

They are very Exoctic... I have kept some in captivity.... A very delicate and precious and glorious Animal of the Sea Kingdom!

My Latest purchase......

imageimage

Dig it Hepcats and Kittys!
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    Gorgeous, Lucy! imageimage
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    nice! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely Beautiful. Nice coin too. image

I'm still waiting for the SEA-MONKEY commemorative
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Wow, the one in the pic looks the same as the one on the coin.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Great animals and a great coin Lucy! Is that a Hepfishy?

<< <i>I'm still waiting for the SEA-MONKEY commemorative >>

My sea-monkeys grew up, got out of the bowl and took the house over. When I saw one wearing my underwear, I blew-up and shot all of the sea-monkeys.....end of problem!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Very cool, Lucy!

HepFishy image
    SeaHepcat? image
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Very pretty, Lucy (seahorses and the coin). I had some live ones in captivity as a kiddy. They are so nice to watch.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a tank fulla these guys at the Florida Aquarium, once. Sea Dragons. Weird. I guess they're camouflaged to look like kelp or somethin'. Cool critters.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Those are really cool, LM!

• Options
    Yeah- you should see 'em alive. Really wild. And very graceful, like regular seahorses. They glide around like ghosts. The tank I saw had kelp in it, to demonstrate their camouflage. It was very effective.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing image I love reading about sea animals!

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW I think I remember with seahorses after the eggs are fertilized the male gets to carry them around until 'birth'. At least one species where the male gets to be pregnant!

• Options

<< <i>Thanks for sharing image I love reading about sea animals! >>

Then I'll have to post some of the shark teeth I find here. Real monsters, some of 'em. Megalodons. 3, 4, 5, 6 inches long. Found a couple of teeth almost the size of my hand.

Maybe I should do a shark tooth/fossil giveaway...

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At least one species where the male gets to be pregnant >>

Does the female assume the role of the provider? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    HEPFISHY! imageimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Absolutely lovely creatures -- live or on coins!! imageimage
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Hepkitty, those are beautiful little fishies!!!

Here is one I saw recently in England at some Sea World acquarium. Sorry the picture's not too good; the room was dark and no flashes were allowed, plus he was moving.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Sea Dragons.... there is another species related to this called the Pipe fish..... very cool......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Hepkitty, you're right; it was a Sea Dragon. They also had many other neat creatures, such as a tank full of different sharks, cruising around. And eels, giant crabs, stingrays, and many others.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    1jester, I would've loved to have seen that aquarium! I've been to one in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, last May. I should've been an oceanographer!!

• Options
    Here's a Link to pics of sea slugs.

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    I want one........the coin not the pet.
  • Options
    COOL coin, Lucy "closet darksider" Bop! image
    ~Debbie~
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    South Africa has a nice Seahorse silver crown. I'm not at the shop. but I'll try to get an image up tomorrow image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    Nice coin! - being's I am a fish myself, I would like to maybe try to find one - what kind is it?
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    "POW right in the Seahorsies!" Very awesome coin hepkitty image
  • Options
    Very nice.
  • Options
    Where are you, Hep Kitty??? We miss you.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD