Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Out of Touch with Merc buy Prices.

Holy Smokes !

I just came back from a Web Site and it looks as if I have No Idea what a Merc should go for now. The example I saw was a 1945P NB MS67, no split period, that was listed for $375. The coin had some Rim Tone but nothing Great IMO. Heck I bought a simuliar coin, same date,grade and better Tone, two weeks ago for $41.00. Also I saw a common date teens coin for $175. Has the Market Exploded in the last two weeks ? Anyway I am amazed at some of the Prices seen lately. Savvy collectors will back off for sure, Hopefully. This brings back memories of the middle eighties too me.

Offf to Ebay to up the prices on the coins without bids and to cancell the Auctions with bids. Can't give these things away and be able to afford the last 4 coins needed. image

Ken

Comments

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken,

If prices get back to the mid 80's levels, I'm selling and going back into guns! I'll put together a collection of raw Mercs in fine. Which web site are you speaking of. Quick, before all the other dealers find out, buy up their inventories. You'll make a mint!

BTW, nayaaaah, what's up Doc?

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the price on the coin, but how much money is really exchanged for the coin.
    I also have seen high prices on some dime and the dealers STILL have them image

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices have definently risen - no doubt about it ----- I'm actually looking fora real nice '45 (NB) if anyone has one in 67 must be totally PQ

Marc