Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about FS/FSB PCGS submissions

Hello,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but when you submit dimes and nickels to PCGS do you have to make a note for them to identify either Full steps or FSB on the dimes? I assumed that they take this into consideration but recent submissions would indicate otherwise. I am 100% positive a recent Merc. dime submission was FSB but it did not come back FSB. Thanks for your help.

Chris in Ohio

Comments

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris,
    Hi. If you click on search and enter "review" then select "title or body". Then check mark "Q&A forum" then click on search. You will find most of the info you are looking for.
    Try this link for some good reading.

Hope this helps. image
    Ken
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Thanks for your attempted help but your link did not work. Chris
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris,

Duh, I guess I should have checked it image I never tried to link to a search results page. Bummer. Hopefully you get the idea.
    Here is one for sure. What I put on the submission form under "other" was "designation review"

I know one thing about "FSB" that the bands (top and bottom on clad roosies) must be fully split from side to side. If there is a contact mark bridging or into the band, that would normally keep it from getting "FB"

On your submission you do not have to put anything special. Of course you put the PCGS coin# of the series you are sending in, but they add a number in front of the coin # to make it different like they add a "8" for dimes w/FB. Hope that make sense.
    Ken