Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

HELP THIS LADY THUMB A RIDE TO LONG BEACH

Is There some one who could help me link to Heritagr Auction as I don't know how & am completely computer ignorant!

I would like to tell you how my wife and I helped this "LADY" get from Ventura in 1981 to Long Beach.

In the summer of 1981 my wife and I decided to attend our first Coin Show in Ventura and make the first "major" purchase for our collection in our new found hobby. Our interest in numismatics had been nourished by the Big Bullion run up of Gold & Silver in 1979/80 period.
We had set aside $100 which was like $1000 would be today! We decided soon after arriving at the Ventura show that we would like to find a really beautiful Walking Liberty "LADY" for our first purchase.
One nice dealer soon pointed out the areas to watch for wear and to be sure that she "The Lady" has her left thumb sticking out in plain sight and separated from the for finger like she was "hitch-hiking"!
We searched every table at least twice and finally agreed on this lovely "Lady" with her thumb waving at us for a ride Home. She was the prettiest girl at the Ventura "Ball" except for my beautiful wife "Dotty" who I will always be gratfull to for allowing me to pick up that "Strange Women" on my journey through.
I will hate to see her go as she has been the only "Other Woman" in my life! I hope the next someone who picks her up will treat her and make her a part of their "Family" as we have.
Thanks for listening to my sad saga. Yours Truely, MapMaker.

Can someone Please help me to expose her by linking me up to My: Heritage lot # 7246
P.S. She is the younger of the two! She's the 1941.

Comments