Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congrats to Carl Albero - Duke of MINT

His 1965 Topps set just hit #1 all time with an 8.65 rating. He's one of the classiest guys on the registry that I have gotten to know.

What's more amazing than just this one set is the breadth and depth of his collection.

Regards,

Alan

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Congrats Carl!

And it was nice meeting and speaking with you at Setbuilders table at the Nationals!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Carl-

Congratulations...I never thought Mastro's set could be topped (until he sold it). Im glad to say that I was able to add a couple of PSA 9 1 of 1s to your outstanding set and that they have a good home!

I agree with FB.....The Duke is top-shelf in my book.

John
  • Options
    Carl,

Congratulations!!! I remember last year when you told me that you were going to put the 65 set on the shelf and probably not work on upgrading it. You certainly did upgrade it! That is one special set.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    The Duke is the best! Awesome set, awesome accomplishment!
    I'm proud to say a few of my cards are in that bad boy...jay
  • Options
    Congrats Duke! Now hows about letting everyone view your collection as well as get some scan pictures in so we can appreciate it more.

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Awesome job!
  • Options
    congratulations
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

Carl,

Congratulations!!!

What set are you going to tackle next??

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Congratulations Carl for a well deserved spot.

One of the nicest guys in the hobby.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Great job on a great set! Someday, I'll continue with this set.

I would also like to congratulate you on completion of your '75 set (I don't know if it was ever mentioned). I'm happy to have supplied the final card - it was a good deal on both ends. image

JEB.
  • Options
    Great Job, Carl! <CONGRATULATIONS>

You have many awesome sets! Thank you for the help you've given me, I do appreciate it.
    John

More than I can say for BUCKWHEAT! Only kidding Buck...you know I love ya.image I shouldn't say that, Frank will try to become a member of our organization again. What was the name of it Frank? Buck was sending you an application...