Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Beware of Misleading ebay listing for '62 Topps PSA-9s

I wanted to make board members in general and those who follow 1962 Topps Baseball in particular aware of two misleading listings on ebay.

I've e-mailed the seller these two auctions incorrectly reflect these cards as 1-of-1s. At first I assumed this was an honest mistake perhaps due to the seller checking the pop report before it was updated to include his submission. In checking the pop report the Thacker-9 has a pop of 6 and the Allen-9 a pop of 4. Based on his feedback rating, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but he missed these by a mile; perhaps he simply read the wrong line...

That aside, both appear to be nice cards if they can be had for the appropriate price.

Steve

1962 Topps #543 Bob Allen PSA 9

1962 Topps #546 Moe Thacker

Comments

• FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    It always amazes me when some of the larger volume dealers are quick to point out the 1 of 1's which bring in the big dollars, but don't have the time to double check their 2 month old pop counts.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to email dslsports because they had a 1972 Moe Drabowsky listed as 1 of 1 (it was really 1 of 3). The funny part of it was, that they had just sold ANOTHER 72 Drabowsky 1 of 1 seven days earlier.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • I have bought from this seller on two occasions before. He is top notch and probably just made a boo-boo....
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    mrc,

I buy from dslsports all of the time and you're right - great cards - fine service. Considering all of the money that I've sent them over the years, I just got on them a little bit about printing out a pop report more frequently if they're going to use the pop in the title.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!