Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Secret Meeting of Coin Dealers

If you were to have a secret meeting of coin dealers to discuss certified coins, pricing and rumor mill, who would you want to be there and what do you think they would say?

Todd
Todd Abbey

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I think they already do this it's called the PNGimage. mike
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    good1, darktone!

K S
  • Options
    I think they already do this it's called the PNG. mike

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ...........and what do you think they would say?

I think that they would say:

"Hey guys, how much longer do you think that these collectors are going to believe us that cameo modern coins are rare? I think that they are finally catching on. What should we do?"

"Oh, I know, let's start certifying ----- get this ------ certified coins!!!"

"No, no, no you pin head. NGC is already doing that by certifing GSA dollars. They hold the patent on the slab-in-a-slab."

"Hmmmm.....Oh, oh, oh, I got it! I got it! How about if we say that we are going to form a coin doctor posse to catch all of the bad guys. That way they will think that we are the good guys and maybe they will buy some coins from us."

"Brilliant idea! Let's do it. Okay, now someone go on the PCGS forum and start a thread about this."
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were to have a secret meeting of coin dealers to discuss certified coins, pricing and rumor mill, who would you want to be there and what do you think they would say?

I'd want an agent of the FTC to be there and I'd expect him to say "I'm your friend and I'm here to help you."
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    DrWhoDrWho Posts: 562 ✭✭
    Don't want to be there, but want to know location. Nuke it, save the Collector's a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "who's turn to buy lunch?"
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PNG...image

Nice one, DT image

I like having Ed back! image

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    At one point in the conversation...

Dealer (you know) "what are we going to do about the SS Republic?"

Dealer (I know) "Let's clean them and get them certified."

Dealer (all know) " Which service?"

Dealer (no one knows) "Send them to PCGS".

Dealer (I know) "No to NGC."

Dealer (no one knows) "PCGS".

Dealer (I know) "NGC."

Dealer (no one knows) "NGC".

Dealer (I know) "PCGS."

Dealer (all know) " Ok it's settled"

Todd
    Todd Abbey
  • Options
    "How can we do everything possible to leverage the interest in state quarters to encourage as many new collectors as possible?"

Call it naive.......but accomplishing this would significantly increase the income of just about every dealer.

Go well.
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

I think they would say, 'we really need to form a useless coin doctoring posse to convince the public that we are the good guys' in the hobby.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options

<< <i>I think they would say, 'we really need to form a useless coin doctoring posse to convince the public that we are the good guys' in the hobby. >>

cynic! but i agree.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    David Hall. And I'd want to listen to anything he said.
  • Options

<< <i>If you were to have a secret meeting of coin dealers to discuss certified coins, pricing and rumor mill, who would you want to be there and what do you think they would say?

Todd >>

Would it matter? I don't think any collectors would ever hear what was really said anyway...image

However, if I had to pick, I would want Bowers there.

Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    .......and what do you think they would say?

"Buon Giorno Don Halletti, I bring you dees gifts...."
    "Why are youz smillin' like dat? Am I a clown? Am I here to freakin' amuze youz?"
    "Signore Halletti, I mean nos disrespect. I apolo........" .BANG! BANG! BANG!"
    "Okay Feldilini, now get me a shovel. Were goin' for a drive to da desert."
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    did the posse make the coin doctor an offer he couldn't refuse?

K S
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that I have just seen the ghost of NewmisEd!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meeting Moderator: OK, OK, everybody settle down. I have a suggestion to begin the meeting that I'd like to table. We seem to be in a state of really strong sales. What if............we all start being a bit more congenial and respectful to the collector side of the equation?? Maybe we can stretch this "HOT MARKET" out even longer!!

........Thunk!!!!!! The sound resonates throughout the meeting hall as the cup richochets of the speaker's head and he collapses behind the table. The gentleman to his right rises and makes his way to the podium.

#2 Banana: OK, OK, everybody settle down.....................

al h.image
  • Options

<< <i>I'd want an agent of the FTC to be there and I'd expect him to say "I'm your friend and I'm here to help you." >>

Nah, that would blow his cover as a government agent and he'd never be heard from again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file