Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A question again on what gets better PSA grading possibilities...

Hey, everybody, I haven't posted in awhile (I was the guy who posted a few months ago about what everyone's REAL jobs were and got a monster thread going)...

Anyway, I'm back to buying cards again for possible PSA grading, and I remember there was a previous post on this....but of the following ways to get cards, what are your opinions on what would get the BEST PSA grading possibilities (1 being best, 2 being 2nd best, etc.):

Here are the choices:
a. regular wax packs
b. rack packs
c. cello packs
d. vending boxes
e. subjective grading from a reputable source (kit young, etc.)
f. other?

thanks.
Bill "diamantedude"

Comments

• Options
    what gets better PSA grading possibilities are solid, nice cards regardless of the source.

I have a collection of "Horror" cards that have come from vintage wax, rack, and vending.

There are no guarantees in life
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    zardoz, where do you get your non-sports stuff? Is it only eBay and the San Diego comic convention? I don't know of any other sources.
  • Options
    Having been around a while, I'm known as a "that idiot that likes this stuff"and there are several dealers that do not deal in them, and if any come into their possession, they give me a call.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, everybody, I haven't posted in awhile (I was the guy who posted a few months ago about what everyone's REAL jobs were and got a monster thread going)...

Anyway, I'm back to buying cards again for possible PSA grading, and I remember there was a previous post on this....but of the following ways to get cards, what are your opinions on what would get the BEST PSA grading possibilities (1 being best, 2 being 2nd best, etc.):

Here are the choices:
    a. regular wax packs
    b. rack packs
    c. cello packs
    d. vending boxes
    e. subjective grading from a reputable source (kit young, etc.)
    f. other?

thanks.
    Bill "diamantedude" >>

Bill, As for Kit Young, if you are looking to get cards graded, I would advise against him. I and many others have bought from him and he will overgrade by an average of 2 grades. Just a opinion but expect overgraded cards.

Braves
  • Options
    Thanks, Braves72078,
    I've had similar experiences with Kit Young, although sometimes I believe his grading his fair.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a collection of "Horror" cards that have come from vintage wax, rack, and vending. >>

ZARDOZ - You must be talking about the '66 Topps Monster Laffs set, a classic!image ...jay
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I am no expert but I have learned each year is diffrent as to what "source " will produce the best cards. Some years rack packs , others maybe 500 count vending boxes. Other years regular boxes or later years factory sets. I dont have a break down for each. But if you ask info regarding a certain year I am sure some one can give there experiences from that year. I can tell you for example 1986 topps rack packs are the best for me. Bought a case recently and it was really good so far.

James
    x