Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I'm dabbling in 1975 Topps again :)

I took a few months off but the bug has gotten back to me and have decided to dabble int he 75's again. Actually never ogt rid of my raw ones so shoudl have a good start on them, just gotta wait for a good special so I can send in bulk image Its amazing how many 75 Sets there are now compared to when i left, shows that others are figuring out what I already knew, that the 75's are an awesome set!!! LMK if you hav esome nice 75's at a good price.

Dean

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Dean-

I would contact David Vargha....he should have a number of PSA 8s available.

John
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    John -- I just purchased Mike Castaldi's set and will have over 350 duplicates because of it. I've already sold about 80 cards so far, but drop me an e-mail with your wantlist and what kind of price you are looking to pay for cards. Everything will be PSA 8, with about a half dozen duplicate 9's.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    David-

I was just sending Dean (75toppsguy) your way.

Question......how do you explain to you wife 600+ slabs delivered to your house? image

John
  • Options
    To my house? Why would I send them there? All cards come to my place of business lest she catch on completely. Right now, the bills are all paid, the credit cards have no balances and she just got a new yard. She knows I'm back into collecting again, but feels better after my 1951 Bowman experience turned out to be a good one. I still can't tell her how much is sunk into it since she wouldn't be able to justify the expense as easily as I have.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    VARGHA - Didn't you buy the wife a brand new 2003 car paid in full w/ your '51 Bowman sales? If so, she should welcome card purchases with open arms image ...jay
  • Options
    Are you from the IRS, Jay? As you well know, trading in baseball cards is always a money-losing proposition.
  • Options
    Go figure the 75 game earlier today I picked up a few low pop cards cheap, including #'s 405 and 409 FOR $6 EACH BOTH CARDS have pops less than 20 8's + 9's combined. Heck I've seen #409 Bob Robertson go for over $40 in psa 8 . Maybe now that Vargha and Mike are out of the game the bottom feeding will be great Thanks guysimage
    "All my life I've been searching for something"
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    VARGHA - I said nothing about you making money. All I know is, a wife will see the end result of cash in hand and will assume its gravy, although you could have broke even or lost money. I know, I have 1 at home, and anytime she sees a check that I have, see ponders what to buy with it...jay
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    The pop report seems to be a smaller factor than one might think in a lot of recent 75 auctions. The McEnaney went for $29.50, and the Alomar went for $46 when there are 13 8s of each (with 0 and 2 9s, respectively), yet a Joe Lis went for $16.50, and there are only 9 8s and 4 9s. And one other Lis went for less than $10 a few weeks ago. Until last week when the 9th 8 was added, this was tied with Terry Hughes as the lowest pop 8 in the set, but no one talks about it, so it has no recognition. The best I can figure is that the McEnaney has the reputation of being tough even as the population has increased, and I haven't really seen any high-end 8s, yet. I can't remember the last time an Alomar was on ebay, and the two bidders both have been known to go hard after cards they need. Personally, I thought a lot of those that ended last night weren't in great shape as far as centering and print spots, so I held off on many that I needed, and the ending time was inconvenient for me. But for the past few weeks now that there have been an increased number of cards up for auction, prices have certainly been unpredictable.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow, the Maximino Leon and the Cy Acosta closed for next to nothing. Those are 2 very tough cards. Looks like out of everyone making that set, 90 of them aren't very serious about it or $6 is too much for their budget.
  • Options
    Actually, they must not be. The ultimate bottom-feeding strategy is to pick up cards like that for under SMR when they become available.