hummmmm

www.LloydWTaylor.com
Vintage Baseball Cards
Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
email
Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay

Comments

• acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    In the auction he says " I am not familiar with sports cards or ebay so this is a first for me."

However, he IS somehow familiar enough to know that he needs to hide the serial numbers.

I would like to buy some of the cards and show up on his doorstep to pay in person.

Regards,

Alan

• Guys, check out your last catalog from MileHighCardCo. that came out in the Spring. It looks like he may have stole the images from that. I have emailed him asking for cert numbers but I'm not optimistic that I'll recieve them.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    I seem to remember this card just being offered for auction somewhere and I think it was Superior's National event. I can't find my catalogue, but can anyone verify or deny this? I know I saw the picture somewhere for auction (and I don't get Mile High). Also, does anyone know if Charles Merkel has this 10 in his #1 Registry set. With a rating average of 9.06, there has to be some big cards in that set. There's only one Berra PSA 10 around, too.
  • If cracking open a holder and replacing it with a lower grade card is fraudulent wouldn't advertising in this manner also constitute fraud as well?
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    same here, when I saw the berra the 1st thing I remember is it was sold by mile high or superior. I think it went for 30k . that sucks , spend 30k , die right away (Psatan , look out here comes another) , and leave it in your will to somone who knows nothing about cards.image no offense to the person who really has this card and I do not wish any ill fate on you, I just wonder some time how stupid these scam artists really are. also if you are going to list 2 mantle rookies psa 8, at least make them look better than psa 5's.imageimageimage
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Some will bid figuring there is a small percentage that the cards are legit. They will tend to turn a blind eye on the Zero Feedback, no serial #'s and a possibility of stolen scans. Then when they win the card(s) at 10% of its true value, and receive nothing, they will scream bloodly murder that they've been taken. Only a knucklehead would bid on any of these cards, who here on the boards would place a bid?, not me! - So my point is, a little common sense is in order, cause if it looks to good to be true...image ...jay
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I just sent him an email telling him that I am going to win the cards and then I am going to pay him cash in front of his house so that nothing gets lost in the mail.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Ha Ha Ha! image
  • In a message dated 8/27/2003 11:27:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, mheil@bgcharford.org writes:

Hi,

I am very interested in several of the cards you have listed on ebay. Could you plese send me the certification numbers on the cards.

Thanks.

Mark

I have the cards in a safety deposit box. I have only the PSA numbers for the three of them, that is one of the mantles, the berra and the bengough. Hope that will do for now.

1952 Topps Mantle

1948 Bowman Berra

1933 Goudey Bengough
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    He has not responded to me yet. I wonder if he will?

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • The seller responded the following...

My message:

No offense, but your auction seems highly suspect. You claim to know nothing about cards, yet you doctor the scan to remove a vital piece of information that buyers look for when evaluating an incredibly valuable card. Can you please provide the cert number for this and your other cards?

His response:

I have the cards in a safety deposit box. I have only the PSA numbers for the three of them, that is one of the mantles, the berra and the bengough. Hope that will do for now.

1952 Topps Mantle

1948 Bowman Berra

1933 Goudey Bengough

Those of you with access, can you see if these are the scans that were on the superior auction?
    Call me crazy, but I collect 62 Topps BB.

eBay auctions
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if any of you noticed but on the 2 mantle's, the "NM-MT 8" is the wrong letter size and is not in line with the players name. Compare them to the Berra. I doubt they are even PSA 8's. That's beautiful when you have to lie about a grade of a card that you don't even own.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Wow, within 10 seconds of my last post, Ebay ended his auctions. I guess that answers all of our questions.
  • Sorry for the redundant post above.

Notch one for the vigilantes of the board who will not rest until their work is done.
    Call me crazy, but I collect 62 Topps BB.

eBay auctions
  • And he is now no longer a registered user!
    Great work guys! image
  • This guy's not done however. Earlier today I also sent an inquiry and got the exact reply posted above. Since the auctions were pulled, I let it go. A little while ago however the putz sends me this new message:

I got a bunch of offers for the cards, and I had to cancle the auctions because there were so many that it was useless to keep it open. What cards are you interested and what is your offer for them? Let me know because in the next three days I will be sorting these out and choosing who to sell to.

Since those of us who bothered to ask him about his auction earlier got the same reply, I assume anyone who e-mailed him today got this as well. A number of creative and amusing responses come to mind, so we can expect to have a little fun with it.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I said this before regarding these type sellers, and I'll say it once again. I'm sick & tired of a seller who plans to bilk the public w/ high $ cards that he doesn't own or have in his possesion. Once caught, nothing serious happens, his eBay account gets pulled and he will come up w/ another ID and stolen scans shortly. In the "real" world this is fraud and a hefty fine and jail time should await this individual. Wouldn't it be nice if eBay planned to prosecute these individuals? And then a message would be sent to the scum that perpertrates these activities...jay