Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does this card look MINT to you?

That's a lot of money to be paying for an 8 in a 9 holder. I guess this is the 65/35 variety 9 that just scrapes by PSA minimum standards.

Smelly

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    It's off but not obscenely off. Low centering looks "better" than high or side to side. Compared to some '61 PSA 9s (for example) I've seen over the years, this '57 is pretty nice
  • Options
    Smelly,

I would say size is a bigger problem than centering on this card....but I can see your point. The big money chasing after PSA 9s isn't going to catch this one any time soon.

Let's be fair though. PSA isn't the only company that makes mistakes like this. Overall, I think they've been pretty consistent over the years. That "new" label is a bit troubling, however....I know these forums have been grumbling about recent inconsistencies.

BTW, who's the dealer?
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    I agree with RedHeart , this looks like a decent 9 to me ! Left to Right centering is perfect , not that far off T- Bottom ! Left to Right is more important to me than Top to Bottom ! Robby
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    Lets do a side by side analysis:

imageimage
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Yeah, but nobody said that the PSA 9 card was 50/50. It's not a "high-end" 9, but certainly a nice card.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 2k thats one great deal, If I had it I would buy it, Look Mint to me also. what do yall think it will go for?
  • Options
    Oh I thought you were talking about the one that was up a couple days ago that started at 2k from legacey i think, Its over but what did it go for I looked at it when it started but forgot to check up on it.
  • Options
    Im dumb, found it. Its still on the 1958 Pic through me off when i was looking. Im tracking it now
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Let's see, PSA has graded over 6 million cards. Everybody acknowledges that all the grading companies are not perfect on every card. Are we going to have a thread for each card that seems to be overgraded? Get over it.
  • Options
    I am over it. Nobody's debating that companies make mistakes. Personally, I think the most expensive cards deserve special consideration. I was just wondering whether you thought it looked "MINT".

Smelly
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Independent of that card's particular qualities (looks like a nice PSA 9 to me -- centering aside, which does not distract me much), I think it is a great HOF rookie card in a good great that will go for a song compared to the PSA 10 GEM MINT that has been run up in Mastro
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    And a well centered 8 can be had for a song compared to this 9. The only way you will be able to tell the difference in the corners is usually under a microscope but the centering pops right out at you.

Smelly

• Options
    Pretty soon PSA will be grading cards via scans.Just scan them the card and they will send you the correct holder to encapsulate itimage As it has been said
    before it is a very difficult task to grade cards by looking at a scan.Just my opinion.