Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Deleting cards from The Registry is depressing

I have been selling off my #1 All Time Receivers Set and have been deleting the cards as I sell them. I have found that it makes me feel depressed everytime I delete a card. I want to sell the cards and I also want to keep them. I guess we do get emotional about our cards.image

If anyone is interested I still have the following:

89 Score #86 Tim Brown PSA 9
89 Score #72 Chris Carter PSA 9
85 Topps #325 Irving Fryar PSA 9
55 Topps All American PSA 8 (I got caught up in a bidding war on this one and paid $629.86. I think this card will have to go into an auction.)
89 Score #18 Michael Irving PSA 9
77 Topps #177 Steve Largent PSA 9
61 Topps #150 Don Maynard PSA 9
86 Topps #388 Andre Reed PSA 9
86 Topps #161 Jerry Rice PSA 9

These cards are pending a sale to a member of the boards: (they are now sold)

1950 Topps #51 Tom Fears PSA 8
1979 Topps #310 James Lofton PSA 9
1981 Topps #194 Art Monk PSA 9
1978 Topps John Stallworth PSA 9

It was nice owning these cards and now maybe I can help someone else on the registry to complete their set.image

The reason I am selling my set is, my son is getting married.image

There are pictures of all cards on the registry.

Ed
email address: alohaet@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Ed, it's ok. You're just going through withdrawal.

Congrats on your son's pending wedding soon! image
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    its alot easier just hitting the delete set button once.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Ed were you able to do this?

You should retire a set from Current status when you have sold the set or you have no plans to upgrade the set. If your set was at least 90% complete at the time of deletion, it will remain in the All Time Finest category and will be listed with a "viewable" status. If you still own the cards in a retired set that was 90% complete at the time of retirement and the set remains in the All Time Finest category, those same certification numbers should not be re-used by you in a new set you may start in the same category

Seems like you were over 90% - yours should remain on the All-Time List.

Jeremy
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Ed,

I feel your pain. At least it is for a good cause. Maybe PSatan will share some of his Zoloft.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    I always thought it was the father of the bride that paid for the wedding.

As the father of two girls, I am encouraged image.
  • Options
    Ed:

Very depressing. Even more so than losing that big football bet that would have gotten to even on the season, on a last second hail Mary TD. I'm not one to rebuild a set after selling it off, but you could always start on it again after a cash infusion down the road.
    Dave
    1973 Topps PSA 9's+(retired)
    1986 Topps PSA Perfect(active)
    1997 Flair Legacy's(active)
  • Options
    I am about to know that feeling myself - My 20%+ complete 1969 baseball set just sold on ebay. I have mixed feelings: on one hand, I obviously bought or traded for every card in this set in an attempt to complete the set, but on the other hand, my BIN price was much higher than what I have invested in the set. I didn't expect it to sell, but what the heck. I'll start it again eventually.

JEB.
  • Options
    Ed, Isn't it the responsibility of the bride's parents to pay for the wedding? Don't sell the cards. Call the in-laws and do some yelling.

If you feel really bad, think of it this way. Not having those cards gives you the freedom to take up another hobby. Don't ever look at football cards again. Pick something totally different. Maybe vintage movie posters or model cars or something. Just don't look back. You are bigger than some closet full of baseball cards. You conquered the wide receiver mountain. You don't need to climb it again. It's the journey, man. That's what the sweet memories are made of. Sure summitting is fun, but that's a few brief seconds. You did it. You completed your goal. Be proud. Your son is more important than some cardboard pictures. The sacrifice you're making separates humans from bats and other wildlife. You're putting someone else ahead of yourself. I commend you.

Now, how desperate are you for money?

Just kidding,

Satan

P.S. Buckwheat, I've only got Zoloft for you (Sung to the tune: I Only Have Eyes For You)
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Hello Ed,

Check your PM and PayPal account! image I think that both will help you out right now!

I sold my '48 Bowman Football set (Nationals) to help buy a house. There is something special about building a high-grade set along with select group of people.

Thanks again,

Marcus
    sixdart
  • Options

Thanks gemmintman.

pc I want to let go sloooooowly.

Jeremy, glad the card arrived safely.

Buckwheat, a truly good cause,

Cubfan and PSAtan You are correct. But sometimes things don't go as they should.

DaveRead, I won't be doing this set again. I will most likely do another.

Virtuallizard, Good luck with your auctions. You never know what the BIN can bring.

Sixdart, Got your PM. Thanks again and enjoy your new house.

Ed
  • Options
    Ed, look at the bright side. You can always visit some of the cards when I put them in my setimage
    I regret not taking the Lofton PSA 9. Thanks again and LMK what's the next set you'll be working on.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Jeb-

Nice sale on those 1969's...it nice to turn some sort of a profit...you can always start up the set again in the future.

Its nice to know that the monies spent in this hobby can be recouped at some point in the future if you have patience when you purchase.

John
  • Options

FabFrank, that is one nice thing about the registry, you can always re-visit your old cards. The Lofton card I think if you check with Sixdart might be available soon. I am shipping out his cards today.

Ed
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Thanks John.

<< <i>...Its nice to know that the monies spent in this hobby can be recouped at some point in the future if you have patience when you purchase. >>

Now if only I had applied that same philosophy when I began the 1970 set. image

JEB.
  • Options
    Ed,

I sent you a PM.

Frank,

I also sent you PM, but I don't see it in my history - not sure if it went through. The Lofton will remain in my collection for now. However, if I decide to sell it I will give you first offer.

Thanks,

Marcus

• Options
    Sixdart- I didn't receive the PM, but thanks for thinking of me. LMK if you change your mind
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Ed,

I sent another PM and PayPal. Please e-mail if there are any questions.

Thanks,

Marcus