Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question on MArked Cards

I have some very nice 1929 Kashin R316 cards that range from EXMT to NM/MT with the lone problem that some wrote in Pen on the back (players name and Position).

THe backs are blank so it really does not detract from the beauty of my set only the PSA grade....

My question is if I ask for no qualifiers on the grading what will they come back as? If they were a PSA 8 MK without the qualifier will I get a PSA 6?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that a mark will always get a MK qualifier. I've seen PSA 1's with a MK qualifier. So, to answer your question, I would guess that PSA would not holder (M/G) a card with a mark that requested NQ.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I had the same discussion with a PSA rep. My point was that if the backs were blank it wouldn't matter. They said they would still give it a qualifier.
    Definitely a case where the technical grade meant little in the overall appeal of the card. Your Kashin's look really nice, how thick is the paper stock, and how hard have they been for you to come across? Do you know how they were issued?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I have seen a number of marked 1's without a qualifier, so it is certainly not an absolute that they will place a qualifier on it.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    UllrUllr Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    I have a PSA 1 with marks on both the front and back of the card with no MK qualifier.
    collecting '67 & '75 red sox + baseball HOF autographs
  • Options
    Does GAI use a MK designation? Might want to take advantage of other grading companies on this one. I have a whole set of 1959 Bazookas with the numbers of loose women written on the backs. I think it increases the value. Also, what kind of ink? I saw this movie of the Thomas Harris' Red Dragon. They sent some toilet paper through a special wash to get rid of some ink. The card doctors out there probably know. Now there's a noble profession.

Satan (Grouchy on Monday)
  • Options
    Griffins,

Unfortunately I do not know a whole lot about this issue I just came across them while surfing EBAY and thoought they were really cool and affordable ....This much I can tell you about this issue they were issued in 1929 by KAshin Publication in New York City ... (The company also released in the 1920's a similar set featuring movie stars). The set was issued in 4 boxes each with 25 cards per box . Each a different color (Orange , Blue, Coral and Canary- I currently own an Orange Box now empty).Each Box contained one Babe Ruth Card (the same card) 4 card were not inserted in boxes these cards were imagehil Todt, Harry Seibold, Jesse Haines and Bump Hadley ... These are obviously much more rare than the others... I have seen some cards wrapped individually in a gray cardboard backing ... thus that must have been how the 4 additional cards came to be. The BAbe Ruth card is almost always cut off-center (mine is very typical) abd I am told the Gehrig is too(I have never seen one).... Here is the BAbe

The Paper stock is very similar to the 1939 Goudey R303 A or B sets ... or about half as thick as a modern day card... Amazingly I have not run into many of the cards with creases.....

Here is a link to set if anyone is interested:

Luxury's Krazy Kashins
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.