Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Small Gamble on Some Ikes --- Arrived

This lot looked like a non-coin person selling, so maybe I'll get lucky with a high grade or scarce variety Ike. $18 plus S/H/I didn't seam bad for 11 Ikes, where 10 seam to show luster.

Link
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    Interesting holders... hopefully that indicates someone chose them with care before storing them. Good luck!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    They arrived. First glance I was disappointed... lightly circulated. And I set them down. I went out to Supercoin's web site to see what type the 2 72-Ps were.... both type 3. Then I went through the 76 coins. 2 1976-P T2 coins are incredible. Great luster, very light pastel purple and blue toning. Each has a single hit that is a little more serious, and very minimal other marks. Those familiar with Ikes know when you look close they are often littered with small marks and scratches. Quick glance I'm thinking MS66. One is a little stronger than the other.

May be able to make some scans later.
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    very cool the price was right!

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Brian, I will be looking forward to the results on this batch, especially with your eye for Ikes-------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Edited above... the 76-Ps are T2 not T1. I just compared to my 76-P T2 65, and they are superior. I compared to my 76-D T2 66 and they are comparable, so lets hope for some double sixes!
  • Options
    ttt

They graded 66 & 67! Wahooo!
  • Options
    All this talk about Ikes and types has me scouring my closets in searh of the Ikes my pop left me. They're in the blue envelopes from the mint. He left proofs too....image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file