Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Passing--Passing on Mercury Dimes?

Where is all the passing? Doesn't anyone ever pass anymore?

Life sure seems boaring latety.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. I'm bored also, but I'm also broke! I have bought more coins in July and August than in the first 5 months combined. If you could send me a 23-S in 63FB, or a 25-S in 63FB, or a 27-S in 63FB, or a 31-S in 64FB, either of the 21's in 63FB, I'd be happy to pull out in the passing lane and make a move.

People are adding coins, there is a little red usually showing, and everyone is suffering from the post ANA blues I think. As for me, seems that when I add a coin or two, so do Jim and Al to keep pace. Look at the set ratings on the top 20 sets and compare them to a year ago, the competition is really heating up.

I'm keeping my eye on Marc, I know he is plotting a major multi-set pass in the near future. He has bought some awesome coins lately.

Regards,

Wayne

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Wayne,

I am awaiting a couple of coins sent in for grading in June. Maybe within the next month or two, I'll have an add and an upgrade. The add is a 1925 a nice choice coin. and an unc 1923-S. I think there is a third too, but it was so long ago I can't remember! image

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Hey Tony,

Since I already have a nice 1925 in 65FB, just send me the 23-S when it comes in. Heck, I'd even be happy with your upgraded 23-S! BTW, I'm not confused, why is everyone always confused?

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    Wayne,

The 1923-S I have getting graded is my id coin!

<-- right there!

• Options
    Tony,

No problem, you can still use it as your ID after you give it to me!

regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    Wayne,

Now that I have about 80% complete, it sure is tough to find coins. I keep looking, but I'm not finding! I see too that these things seem to rise in price everyday. I did picked up a pair of low end 16-D coins. One ag 3 and one g6. I am very happy with the g6. I know it will take me a long time to build funds to get a high grade. The g6 has only one small area where the rim and the tip of the letters merge (and the tips are visable under magnification). I have a few circ coins that I need to move out, but I need to find stuff to put in (the 23s is one that should move in--soon).

Tony

• Options
    So Tony,

Does this mean you're not going to send me a nice PCGS slabbed 23-S? ;-( You keep evading this issue!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• Options
    I'll think about the hole filler I have now, but I need to wait until I see what
    <--- that one comes back graded (or BB).

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm plotting while you two fight it outimageimage

Marc
  • Options
    Marc,

Plot away, but remember to put up those hand signals.

Tonyimage

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is my solution send me the 1923-s and when you two decide how you will share it I will send it to the person.

I the mean time it will reside safely in my setimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211