Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Aquired new merc

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just added this new Merc,and thought it was nice enough to showimage.Alimage

Comments

• Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    was it a upgrade? is the upgrade for sale?

nice clean coin
  • Options
    jbsteven
    No,That's one I needed to fill a hole.Althou I do have some 7's coming=upgrades in 1916--37---41-S.Al
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    keep me posted. I still need a bunch.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grip:
    Great looking Merc!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Thanks,and to be honest,I was looking for MS65 in this date for quite some time and had no luck.This was a new heritage coin and they did not want to send it on approval without a 20% deposit.I told them to forget it,and the coin arrived two days later--no deposit.It does have a few letters not fully struck up,but overall the coin is pristine.
    There goes my pool,image I quess I will dig a hole and get the garden hoseimage.Al
  • Options
    Hey Al, Great looking coin. image

Walt image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on that beauty!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks,and to be honest,I was looking for MS65 in this date for quite some time and had no luck. >>

I'm getting over this "got to have this grade" desire. If I like the coin I don't much care if it's a MS65 or MS66. You save money and but for a few minor differences you may get a better looking coin. Just enjoy collecting and don't get caught keeping up with the Jones'.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    lablover
    image.Al
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Al - imageimage

I'm still gonna stick with my Lincolns! Good job! Dave
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ouch that's nice Al, still waiting for my 21d 66 to come in- its no FB though I settled for it b/c its a super example and close to FB...... thats one nice addition you got image

Marc
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Al,

Wow Al, nice dime, nice grade, low pop, just about everything you could want in a 21-D. Congrats!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al,

It looks like a real beauty. Congratulations!

You made the right decision. Besides, you can still buy a kiddie pool for less than $100. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    AWESOME coin, Al!
    Congrats on a super addition.
    Must feel great having to "settle" on an MS66FB after looking for a 65 for so long! image

Don

Full Bands and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Thanks all for the complements.

Jim,LMAO

Marc,You get more bang for the $,and still get a beautiful coin.Al
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed this thread--what a very nice Merc. And, unlike some other, sleazy collectors (see the thread about the 34D 67FB) you didn't swipe this coin out from under me! (VERY big image added to indicate that that last sentence was an attempt at humor!!) More seriously, that coin sure looks fine. Where'd you get if from? And is it predigreed to any of the top Merc sets that have sold in the last few years?

Mark

P.S.: I have to add it again: That is a VERY pretty coin.
    Mark

• Options
    Mark
    No pedigree,Heritage had it listed as "new coin".Al
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot Damn Al. Thats a darn good looking Merc. I was looking at it but the wallet is bare as usual. Really glad to see it found a home with you.

Sorry for no reply yesterday but the puter was on the fritz. image

Ken
  • Options
    image real nice!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one just like itimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211