Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A New King of the Clad Washington Quarter Registry

Congratulations MS67PLUS on an incredible set! The finest ever built and in record time.imageimage

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!

Very few of those look like "easy" upgrades, and many look unimprovable.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a remarkable set, with many coins having great pedigrees! Congratulations Ed!! image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Ed,

Wow, that is an impressive set !!!

A few weeks ago I saw his new set registered; last week, I heard his footsteps behind me and now, my neck hurts looking up that high. An excellent collection that is a "sleeper" series not that easy to find.

Enjoy it and thanks for leaving it open for us to enjoy it too !!!

Chris
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Ed:

Congratulations on the top-notch clad quarter set! You have lots of
    pop-top coins that, as cladking notes, are probably unimprovable.
    This set will most likely remain the finest of all time.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cupronik
  • Options

Hi

Thanks for the kind words. I decided to start this set when I was offered one of the super key MS67s in the set the 1971-P I looked around to sell the coin and no one wanted to come up with the bucks. I bought the coin and the set was started as I had already completed the 65 to 98 Clad Washington Set before set before I was well aware of all the key coins and formulated a course of action. To contact the dealers and makers of the Clad Washingtons . Mitch Wondercoin was my first stop, A.W. Coins Rick Hennessy ,Jay Rudo Thenumish ,Morris MNMcoins ,Howard Houston ,Cupronick and to go fishing on the PCGS Registry Forum and PCGS Buy Sell Trade Board . All of the dealers had a few coins in stock and I picked them up and as I was trolling on the PCGS Registry HIGHDESERT contacted me with 14 extra nice MS67s and 1 MS66 coins for sale and the set was well on the way. Wondercoin contacted me and said he had been consigned an all most complete set of Clad Washs. so after I sold my DOG'S my WIFE and HOUSE we had a deal. and the set was completed. I never expected it to be where it is now I was looking at 1 year to get to the All Time Finest and 2 years to get to a set Rating of 67.00 . With some help I will get there by this time next year but to do it I have to have an MS67 1969-P for the set so if you have one or make one you have a buyer already.

Thanks again for all the help I recieved from everyone with this set.

BTW: All you Clad Washington Collectors should be aware the the prices will bottom out on most of the coins unless I need them so you should be able to find some deals. image

FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Well done and one great set.
  • Options

Hi

I just wanted to say thanks for all the PMs I have recieved the last few days and wish everyone the Luck and Good Fortune That I have had in assembling this set. THANKS and BEST REGARDS to ALL
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed