Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

WTC COINS

What should I do with my WTC coins savaged from my safe deposit box.

These coins were MS66 - MS45 went to MS30 MS03 . They were in the main zone of destruction and were subjected to 1500 degrees for 7 -10 days. I have incurred a large financial loss.

I am a survivor of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and my Cousin died on 9/11( a NYC Fire Dept Captain.). I have sent a few of my coins with documentation to NCS to see if they will pedigree them as recovered from WTC 9/11.

A conservator from NCS said I should just melt them down( they do look that ugly) A coin expect told me that a COLLECTOR WOULD PAY MONEY NOT TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM WITH THEM..
What should I do with my coins???
Should I use ANACS or NCS?

I HAVE POSTED SOME PICTURES OF MY SAFE DEPOST BOX DO SEARCH ON WTC.
paul f renda

Comments

• Options
    Was your safe deposit box in the World Trade Center or are these coins you acquired after the towers fell?
  • Options
    Brian, you dunce, put down the bong and re-read Paul's post.image

"They were in the main zone of destruction and were subjected to 1500 degrees for 7 -10 days. I have incurred a large financial loss."
  • Options
    NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    I have incurred a large financial loss.

They weren't covered by your homeowners policy or the by the insurance of the safe deposit box provider? Or maybe the insurance doesn't cover terrorist acts?

Jim
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    I think either NCS or ANACS will slab them, but not with a WTC pedigree.

Your best bet is probably to take them to the smelter and sell them for bullion. Melt them, as the NCS rep said.
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Homeowners insurance will only cover if he has the proper rider on his policy, and most safe deposit box providers do not carry insurance over the content of the boxes and you will find that in your rental contract. (After all how can you insure the contents if you do not know what is in the boxes? Or would you like to provide your box landlord a list of everything in your box on a regular basis?)
  • Options
    Paul

I have used your pictures of the vault on my website about recovery coins from the world trade center I hope you don't mind else send me an email and I will remove them.

If you have any pictures of your coins please let me see them

thanks

john

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file