Home Q & A Forum
Options

Is it possible to have a specific question answered in a Presidential Review?

David,

I'd like to send a 1955 Proof Jefferson nickel in for a Presidential Review. I had this coin recently graded as part of a "Regular" submission along with several other coins. The coin came back PF-68CAM. Before submitting the coin I had compared it to several other PCGS graded DCAM Jeffersons from the same era and (admittedly in my own opinion) I thought the coin was a lock DCAM. The frost was heavy with no breaks that I could see on either side and the mirrors were like obsidian. Its an awesome proof. If I were to send it in for a Presidential review and it didn't upgrade then I would really like to know what I missed in thinking it would DCAM. Would you assume that if you saw a coin like this in for a review the owner was hoping for DCAM and would give a brief comment on why it did or didn't or would I have to ask for this info specifically? Or is it even possible for me to even ask for a specific comment? I guess I'm already assuming it would't upgrade as from past comments I have read on this board seem to point to it happening very infrequently. Anyway, I still would like to try. Any comments would be welcome.

Regards,

James

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    James,

FAX your queation about any Presidential Review to customer service and tell them to be sure I see the question. I will try to answer if I can.

David