Home U.S. Coin Forum

how do you package your submissions to PCGS?

how do you do the packaging from the coin to the outside of the package.

thanks in advance,

matt
"the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"

Comments

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I put the coins in their numbered flips in a box. If there is any extra space I put in some bubble wrap or anything to keep the flips from moving. Then I tape it up with paper tape and send it registered. Don't forget the submission form. I've had to reopen a box before. If
    the box isn't real sturdy, you might want to put it in another box and pack crumpled newspaper around it. Then send registered, insured of course. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    I place the coin(s) in a flip (with the line number from the submission form on the paper insert). I then place the coin(s) in a bubble mailer (along with the submission form). It then gets sent to their address via the appropriate level of care (regular mail for a cheap freebie to registered for expensive items).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If you mail it now for economy service, dress your coins in winter coats, because you won't see them again until Christmas!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Be sure to include the other items one usually places in a time capsule.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • LOL thanks!
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"
  • mepotmepot Posts: 585 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna send in my 4 free submissions ,when they get back it will be like getting 4 new coins all over again.image
    computer illiterate,becoming coin literate with the help of this forum.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I put the flips in the sticky cardboard things and put that in a envelope then put that in a express or priority mail cardboard envelope and mail it insured with signature confirmation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file