Home U.S. Coin Forum

Back from vacation and the 1839 10$gold

Well I went on vacation. Actually my parents said I needed to go because of the rough time ive had this past year. Actually I had a great time Im glad they forced me to go image Well now on to the coins We stopped at a couple of antique shops and the rents did their this is so nice jibbrish. Well I looked at coins. All the coins were way over priced and and most of what I saw was just common stuff. But here is the kicker on one of our about 20 hikes around the little towns in souther Ohio My dad found an 1839 cornonet 10 gold in nelsonville ohio it was along the river just down from where the train rides start. The kicker was I had just walked over the spot less then 15 seconds before. No we wernt metel detection just walking. What a find for dear old dad. My find was much less exciting I found it at lock #12 the "sheeps pen lock" I found a 1969 canadan 25c piece. Ya I know its so high dollar LOL. Actually it was great because most of the areas we went to are all very old and very rich in very cool history. The best thing for me was to be able to collect from a public collecting site in the Flint ridge area of Ohio. It for thouse of you that dont know is one of the top spots of flint that the indians used for knapping into arrow heads. i only collect 65lbs of flint. image

Well there is a little bit from my vacation and there is even a little bit about coins in it.

Byron
Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005

Comments

• Welcome back Buddy!!image
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back! Now go and get a job!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Welcome back. image

Jonesy, good to see you're a good guy now. image

• PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭
    If I found a 1839 $10 gold coin on a stroll by a river that would make one heck of a vacation.

Joe
    The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • I didnt find the gold my dad did. He dosent even collect coins.

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Your dad should play the lottery image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file