Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PSA mislabel on this psa vince carter?

I was checking to see the recent prices for vince carters on ebay and came across this, it appears to be a plain topps card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2743979541&category=28098

Comments

• Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
  • Options
    kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭
    aah... wouldn't it be '1997-98 Topps Chrome' (or 98-99... not a BKB fan)?
    well hypothetically (sp?) speakin... cause its just Topps image
  • Options
    Yea that's a mislabel for sure....that's the regular topps Carter. On the other hand, the biggest mislabel I have seen is a 1998 SPX PSA 10 Carter. Some guy at PSA really screwed up because the label said 1998 SPX Spectrum PSA 10 (would be #ed to 25) on it while it was only the regular version in the case (#ed 2500) The difference in price would be off by many thousands of dollars. I still can't believe it hasn't been corrected in the pop report to this day...ah well.
    CB4
  • Options
    it may not be a mislabel, you can take cards out of a psa holder and put different cards in it's place.

opening and closing a psa holder is too easy, the bgs are obviously not.
    jeter auto greensboro minor league baseball on EBAY

***tRaDeLiSt***

70+ refs...just ask!!!

chillinbij7@netscape.net
  • Options

<< <i>it may not be a mislabel, you can take cards out of a psa holder and put different cards in it's place.

opening and closing a psa holder is too easy, the bgs are obviously not. >>

uhh, no you cant do that. at least not legally. remember the WIWAG scandal?
  • Options
    i know it's illegal, i heard it can be done, so i bought the cheapest graded psa card from my local card shop dealer (for $3) and a jeter ungraded card ($1). while at the shop, i did the experiment. in two minutes tops, i had replaced the cards. i had a rare 1/1 mislabeled card, plus the experiment was successful. at the end i took the jeter out and destroyed the psa holder (so that particular one couldn't be tampered with). i later traded that card and the jeter (they were still mint).
    jeter auto greensboro minor league baseball on EBAY

***tRaDeLiSt***

70+ refs...just ask!!!

chillinbij7@netscape.net