Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

3 Schmidts for Carlos Aponte + Virtuallizard adds a bonus 78 Schmidt to higest bidder out of all 3 M

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=robebass&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

Start Price All items listed $18.00

Current Price $47.38

Total Qty # of Bids 12

Updated:Sunday 11 PM EST.

First off,I want to thank JEB for bringing in more bidders and making the auctions a little more worth while to the higest bidder.

Next - Mr. Steve (Wabbit) & Jay for acting upon JEB's unselfish contribution

And the other two unknowns for stepping up to the plate.

Among this entire group of bidders and JEB another donation over $25 has been raised so far.

Too kind of all of you.

Comments

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I saw the lack of bids, and thought I'd bring this one TTT. Come on, the Mike Schmidt Basic Set and the Mike Schmidt Master Set are wildly popular right now. image

I dare anyone to attempt to catch up to me on either of these sets. Who's in? I'm #6 on the master set and #5 on the basic set. I'll throw in a 1978 Topps #360 Schmidt PSA 8 to the highest bidder out of all 3 auctions that Rob has listed.

Rob,

If you'd like to add that to your auctions, feel free to do so. Just email me (jeb@virtualizard.com) with the info and I'll send the card to the top bidder out of all 3 auctions. SMR on this '78 Schmidt is $18 in PSA 8. This card is worth much more than that right now. So start bidding on Rob's auctions. Scan of the card is included below.

JEB.

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I'll bid on the other 2 Schmidt's.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I bid on the other one too but got outbid. Looks like the high bidder on the SSPC Schmidt is the top contender so far for the bonus Schmidt.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Jeb,that is awesome.I really appreciate the piggyback by including the 78s.

When I get a chance I'll add this to the description.

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Thanks Steve.

Anyone else? Come on, you know you want these Schmidt cards! Don't let Steve get them that cheap! Where else can you get 4 high grade PSA cards of the best 3rd baseman to ever play the game? Keep bidding. I dare you! image

JEB.
  • Options
    Rob,

No problem. But, you still owe me pizza! image

JEB.
  • Options
    JEB- when all is said and done on these auctions I'll mail a whole Pepe's pie to you. imageimage

BTW, JEB - thanks so much for unselfishly making the auctions a little more worth while for anyone who bids.

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I just placed a bid on the SSPC, why?
    Carlos is a great guy, Schmidt a great player and Pepe's pizza voted #1 in the country!!!! Gotta love it! image ...jay
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Come on everybody. The SSPC is already at a record price for a PSA 9. Let's see some more action on the other 2 cards. The '76 Leaders card is SGC 92 and from all of your ebay experience, you must know by now that SGC 92 = PSA 9 = GEM MINT - 1/1!!!! image

L@@K

And the '84 Topps #388 has a low pop of just 41 in PSA 9 with only 4 graded higher. That's right - there are only 4 cards that PSA has ever graded higher than this one!

I'm going to call it a night now and when I check these auctions tomorrow, there had better be some decent bids!

JEB.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad you guys finally took notice of Rob's auctions. I'd now consider this a huge success. We're almost up to $50 on the 3 combined - someone must really want to get that '78 Schmidt. image The two PSA cards are tied right now at $19.38 each. I'm wondering if there will be some last minute sniping to be the highest bidder of the 3 auctions. There are over 3 days left - plenty of time for some more bids. Keep them coming! Let's see it hit $100! I'd hate to just "give" this '78 Schmidt away. image

JEB.
  • Options
    This is just great!These cards may not be much but the cause is priceless.

JEB- You are the lizard king,you can do anything!

I think the blood on the streets in the town of New Haven will be replaced with some of Pepe's fine Pizza if the King ever does show up in these parts.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Lizard KING...???

Pizza KING...???

I love that KING talk.........ha.....

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options

<< <i>Lizard KING...???

Pizza KING...???

I love that KING talk.........ha.....

Larry >>

Larry,

I am the Lizard King. As rulers of mighty kingdoms, whether they be Kelloggs, Lizards, or Pizza image, we have a duty to take care of the many who bow to us as Kings. From one King to another, I request that you throw down a mighty bid on these Schmidt cards. Just to prove that I am a Kellogg's follower, here is a scan of my rare 1975 Kellogg's Schmidt:

Let's see some more bids!

JEB.
  • Options
    Only 1 day left. Come on - let's top $50 on these auctions. Remember, the highest bidder out of the 3 auctions gets the '78 Schmidt PSA 8!!! image

JEB.
  • Options
    I have just decided to offer something exclusively to boardmembers who are second runner up.I will also offer a PSA 8 1981 Dave Kingman to the second higest bidder on all 3 cards.This would work well with the SGC card because Kingman is a HR leader.

If there is a 2 way or 3 way Tie I am in trouble because I'm afraid that someone will get upset outside of this community so this is my idea unless someone can come up with another.
  • Options
    TTT

$66.25 with over 3 hours remaining. I feel a little better about giving up the '78 Schmidt now, but I'm still hoping for more. How about a few more bids? Let's see if we can get it to $75 now. image

JEB.
  • Options
  • Options
    So is it anybody from the board who won?

I decided to give the second higest bidder member or not that 81 PSA 8 Kingman(Knew it would come in handy) image

The second highest bidder was nice enough to win 2 auctions but even though he was not ultimately the man who came out on Top.Therefore, they deserve something else for participating.

JEB whoever the winner of the 84 MS is the winner of the 78.I have yet to hear from anyone.