Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is Paypal getting desparate?

I recently visited my PP balance to make sure I had no unauthorized payments and was greeted with an "intro" screen offering me a $10 bonus [image] if I kept a balance in my account for 90 consecutive days.

After a few bad experiences and reading of other bad experiences here and elsewhere I have avoided keeping a PP balance for the last 18+ months. You keep a balance of more than $100 ask yourself why and is it worth the risk of having your account frozen.

PP is obviously desparate for cash to make money on the float but their abusive practices have come to roost and many have wised up.

Now maybe ebay [PP's parent] will wake up and start better policing the scams on their site or it too will start getting desparate. I am willing to bet by this time next year ebay will be in full swing of a campaign to bolster confidence in the safety of their site.

....still with a zero balance.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I believe in living on the edge, so I have a PayPal balance. Right now it's even much higher than normal at $16 and change.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I never keep more than $50 in my account. Floating a balance of hundreds of dollars is asking for trouble, especially with their habit of freezing accounts without any good reason.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Leaving money in your PayPal account is like asking the town drunk to watch your tavern while you go on vacation
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Never leave more money in your PayPal account than you are willing to lose....
    Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
  • Options
    Current Paypal balance is $0.00 and staying that way......
    Paul Fillmore
    ANA LM5200
  • Options
    PayPal, yikes..I'll never go there again.
  • Options
    I must've been crazy letting it get to 10k on several occasions.
  • Options
    They can still tag you with the credit card and bank account info.

The credit card that they have on file with me is a separate account that I have deliberately had a low amount of credit assigned. In addition the bank account that funds from Paypal are transferred to is strictly a "holding" account. As soon as funds post, they are immediately transferred to another account.

They are not the only ones able to play games.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I never keep more then $100 in my paypal account. If I get payments I transfer them out ASAP!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭
    PAYPUD stinks! They took $100 from me and foze up one of my accounts which I'm now trying to get unfrozen! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    I never leave a balance the secind it comes in it gets transfered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file