Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I want some PCGS slabbed coins but....

My year 2000 collection is coming to a conclusion as far as being completed. However, I've had a thought on a couple of these coins. Right now the Kennedy D has only graded as high as MS67 and the P MS68. The Lincoln MS69Rd P is almost $900 because of the low pop. The Jeffersons have only graded as high as MS66FS. All of these coins are bringing premiums that are a bit silly considering the fact that over the years more and more people will have submitted them therefor bringing the populations of higher graded coins UP and thereby lowering the values and anyone that buys them at the higher prices today are only going to lose money. I just think people willing to pay these prices for their precious registry sets are keeping us lower budgeted collectors from being able to afford the nicer coins. Just a thought, not an argument provocation. image
Glock: the original point and click interface.
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Chris:

I kinda ran into that same situation when I was putting my old set of Kennedy's together, the higher pop coins right then (relatively speaking) were too expensive for my tastes - considering that you never knew when a slew of them would come into the market, so what I opted to do was to cherrypick mint sets at my local coin store and go through the "junk boxes" of dealers at shows - you'd be amazed what you can find still out there - and if you find some really nice coins - submit them yourself. There's nothing sweeter than making a nice coin on your own! image

Frank

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file