Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

3 High Desert coins at Baltimore

I read in the PCGS email that High Desert is displaying 3 coins from his type set in Baltimore. They will be at the PCGS booth. I wish I was in Baltimore! 2'nd best would be a photo, 3'rd best a few comments image

Comments

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    What are they?
    Dan
  • Here is the info:

Three Awesome Coins from the HIGH DESERT Type Set on Display!
    Visit the PCGS booth at the ANA in Baltimore for a very special treat. The owner of the High Desert Type Set, the number one Complete U.S. Type Coin Set (1792-1964) in the Registry, picked three of his favorite coins for display... and these coins are nothing short of spectacular. Stop by the booth to view the finest PCGS graded 1818 Bust Quarter (MS67), an 1859 Seated Half Dollar in Proof 67 (1 of 3 graded), and the only 1900 Barber Half Dollar graded PCGS Proof 68 Deep Cameo. To see these coins out of the bank vault is worth the trip to Baltimore!

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    WOW! I'm speachless! .image

I would love to see the entire set
    Dan
  • What I want to know is if HD is there too? I would love to meet him in person.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • It would be nice if High Desert would open his set on the registry page for viewing. I went there to see the composition of the set and it's closed. image

Oh well, maybe someday.
    Dan

My quarters:
    Silver
    Clad
    Statehood
  • ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Carl, I saw the three coins today. I especially wanted to see the Barber half in PR 68 DCAM. They are a teaser, when you think what other rarities reside in the High Desert complete type set. Saw so many mind boggling coins today.
    My pursuit of coins for my Registry Sets has cooled down and at the ANA I am having more satisfaction in meeting all my favorite and even not so favorite dealers.
    Talked in person and handled a box of tradedollarnuts fabulous MS trade dollars, and two minutes later was chatting with Sunnywood, and Cardinal, who has the spectacular early dollar Registry Set.
    Tomorrow night is the MD woods Birthday bash and I will be meeting a couple dozen more numismatic people that are well known on these forums.
    I picked up a couple of upgrades for my sets, and will be bidding on a couple more in the Bowers and Merena Auction. A lot of great coins are available now, and I expect even more will be showing up in the upcoming auctions.
    Anaconda had a huuuuuuuuuge snake skin stretched out behind his table. I mean huuuuuuuuuuuge.
    And Tomorrow I will see the 4 1913 nickels, plus the newly found 5th one is supposed to be there also. Wowee, wow, wow.
  • Gee, Paul, that sounds awesome! I can imagine you were interested in seeing that DCAM Barber half! I would have loved to be there and met you and the others.

I had the privilege of viewing the Cardinal dollars before. Unfortunately they were in a glass case. It must have been really cool to see TDNs trade dollars, especially to have a slab or two in hand!

That Anaconda sounds like a good showman. I would like to see that snake skin. I recently found a dehydrated snake who unfortunately got caught up in a chicken wire fence I have. However that is a subject for the open forum image

I hope to vicariously share in the MDWoods B-day bash by reading reports.
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Those three coins were great and I had lunch with tradedollarnut, and Cardinal today at the luncheon what a great bunch of guys. The show was awesome with some really great coins, got to see all five 1913 liberties together that alone was worth the trip. David Hall did a great job at answering all the questions thrown at him and is truly a class act. Sorry for the rambling I'm trying to capture the day in just a few words. I will never miss another show!!!!
  • It was great to meet you Paul.
  • ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Same here Roger ! Wish we had more time that night to talk. We all spent most of the time whacking crabs.
    Next time, hopefully, it will be a city known for an easier to eat speciallty.image
  • These coins were gorgeaous I really liked the Barber half.
    Bill

09/07/2006