Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

AUCTION TO BENEFIT CARLOS APONTE

I just listed an 5 day auction on eBay and all the money will go to Carlos. I have listed a very sharp 1960 Topps #480 Yogi Berra psa 7, SMR is $80.00 and i hope mabey it will sell for more sence it is a benefit auction (thats why im posting this here). Someone can win a sharp card and help Carlos out at the same time! Like i told Carlos today, i know what he has been going through becouse i lost my dad to lung cancer on 3-16-02 so i wanted to do something to help out. the card is shown below and the eBay auction number is: 2744985161

FREE SHIPPING!!!

Thanks for looking.
Paul.
SUPERPUNK813
Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    SP - Nice Gesture!
    I just bid $70.00 on it (although I'm high man now at $1.00)
    I will pay the $70.00 even if I'm the high bidder at a lesser price.
    So with a couple of bumps past my bid it will be higer then SMR.
    ....jay
  • Options
    Jay - That was my thinking behind the "benefit auction". Ive seen lots of people spend crazy amounts of money at benefit auctions just to help someone out and get something in return. The card really means nothing to me so if i can auction it and bring $70.00 or more then that would help Carlos out more than if i made $25 out of pocket donation and all i will have spent now is eBay and shipping fees.

Paul.
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Auction Link

Paul,

That's a great gesture!

JEB.
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    If you are going to start auctions, please link the original thread (in your EBAY auction). Awareness is important. Many people might not bid...but will donate to help Carlos.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Hey..I need that card! Just bid a $100.image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    WOW!!!!! Its only been listed for 20 minuts and its already over SMR!

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS BID!

Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>WOW!!!!! Its only been listed for 20 minuts and its already over SMR! >>

paul, just make sure that all the money you make goes to carlos and it is a good thing. too many auctions listed as benefitting a charity or person often never end up funding anything but the person who did the auction. i am sure that is not your m.o. but wanted to be sure and say it since no one else had.
  • Options
    LB - I think that was uncalled for.
    Paul made a nice gesture to donate & list the Berraand you have to remind him to be honest? ...jay
  • Options
    Longball

You dont have to worry about Paul. Ive had many dealings with him over the years and his word is gold. Im sure he wouldnt object to the payment via paypal or other means being sent directly to Carlos

Randy
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Quality,

Ditto! That post needs to be edited, deleted, and apologized for.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    LONGBALL- There has to be one person in the bunch that doesn't trust anyone and i guess that is YOU or you wouldn't have felt the need to make a post like that!image Rest assured that whoever wins the card will be directed to send the payment straight to Carlos and i prefer the winner pays via Paypal so i know the payment has been received before i send the card.

Paul.
  • Options
    Paul,

That is an awesome gesture on your part! Everybody knows your reputation - don't put any stock into what Longball said. Besides I know where you work and I'll send Gweedo over to see you if not.image (I obviously have no idea how to spell Gweedo.)

Thanks for what youre doing.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Guido, but your point is understood.
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Paul,

Your the man!!!!!!!!

I'll be cleaning out my closets tommorrow with the same intentions.

Longball,

WTF, where do you get off. Please keep that bs to yourself.

Gator
  • Options
    braves72078braves72078 Posts: 465 ✭✭
    LB

You must be a class act????????????????

Take that trash somewhere else.
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Should there be something consistent in the titles of our auctions to let people know that the auction is to benefit Carlos?

I have some cards I'll put up for him.

How about listing the title as normal but adding "carlos benefit" at the end?
  • Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Jrick,

Totally agree, yet it has to be small not to take away from the listing. Anythoughts are welcome.

Gator
  • Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    TTT
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    Carlos also has his 1989 Score Football complete graded set on ebay right now. I'm sure he didn't want to spam his auctions so I'll do it for him. image

Here are a few others.

Good luck Carlos. I hope that helps the bidding!

JEB.
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    sorry guys but i had to do this one more time.

TTT
  • Options
    The bidder OHDPUMPKIN retracted his bid on my benefit auction for Carlos. He says he entered the wrong bid amount but he placed his bid three days ago and he's just now retracting the bid!?!image. I think its total BS and i have placed him on my blocked bidder list and some of you may want to do the same. If he had retracted his bid or one of my normal auctions i would not have cared but to do it on a benefit auction is pretty low i think.

set-builders2 is the current high bidder now at $130.00

Paul.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    What a jerk. That's the kind of guy who bounces a check to the Cancer Foundation.
  • Options
    That is weak! image Perhaps you should send him a link of this thread! ...jay

Edited for typo:
  • Options
    That is pretty low. Maybe OHDPUMPKIN has lost his marbles! image

JEB.
  • Options
    This guy seems to have gotten caught up in the good will bidding for Carlos, but then after some time had passed, he seems to have thought that he was going to remain the high bidder, and backed out. That's pretty shallow.......this guy's now blocked from my auctions as well.

John
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    Well guys the eBay auction is over and SET-BUILDERS2 was the winning bidder at $130.00! I think he posts on these boards under the id: norty. Anyway thanks to everyone who bid, im very happy to see a PSA 7 that SMR's for $80.00 do so well, Carlos can put the money to good use.

Also, i have already emailed the winning bidder and instructed them to send the payment straight to Carlos, i wouldn't want anyone to think i was going to pocket this money hey LBimage.

Thanks again to all that bid!
    Paul.
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    SUPERPUNK813...

Great job on helping out. Looks like Joe at set-builders2 will hand some cash to Carlos...They are old friends, I believe, and Carlos has sat at Joes table many times.

Did I mention that Set-builders is at table 1220 at the next National ?? (there 'ya go Joe...hee,hee...)

Maybe Longball can get up a game of "marbles" with ohdpumpkin ....??? (but who would you trust to hang onto the bag of "shooters".???...Hmmmmmm....)

SuperJOB...SuperPUNK !!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    To the King of Kings - KING KELLOGG,

Thanks for the pat on the back. Im happy to help out Carlos and i hope to meet you all at the next National. The first round of beers are on meimage!

Paul.